My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this ought to be helpful for anyone that has an old front tine tiller. The old part number of 717-105 was replaced with 717-0105 and the price is from $70-80 •2 27/32" OD x 1" ID •20 Teeth
an online parts store called Jerry's small engine repair has one sold by Stens for 38.99 part # ste240390

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
That Stens part number is not listed in the new Stens book, probably discontinued. The MTD part number (717-0105) is about $ 68.00 retail, and is used in the Cub Cadet tillers.

I said in the other thread that MTD was good at reusing old parts. The reason that is doesn't have an interchange with MTD is because MTD doesn't want the old tillers fixed, they want to sell you new ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go figure. Same thing with the oil filters on briggs and kohler engines. Darn things are expensive but I found cross reference numbers to get them cheaper from the big brands such as purolator. Yeah I checked with stens and they don't show it, but when I do a search, it shows that store with it. I will give them a call sometime and ask them if they have the stens part when I get the chance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts