My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for any information on a Bolens Husky 853-02. What little info I can find only talks about the 853-03 and nothing about the 02. What I do know is it was made between 1970-1971/72ish and most were made with a 3 speed however the one I have is a 6 speed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
I have an 853 3/6 speed. My owner manuel say 853-02-03. What kind of infor are you looking for. The trany is a 3 speed gear and the Hi and lo range is achived by sliding a different size sheave into the drive belt.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
If you have a geared ( both shifters on the floor) 6 speed then someone must have put a diffent transmission in it. I agree that the -02 and the -03 are the same thing.

Jason

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Mine is a 3/6 speed with the high low variance in the 3 gears. I haven't found anything on the 02 however if the 02 and 03 are the same then I can just try to find info for either. In the end my plans are to re-build/re-furbish the Bolens that I have now.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
If you have a geared ( both shifters on the floor) 6 speed then someone must have put a diffent transmission in it. I agree that the -02 and the -03 are the same thing.

Jason
If you are referring to my post , One lever is in an H pattern. The other on the floor up near the steering cowl, I rotate a lever to the right,pull and release. Now I am using a different sheave therefore 4 more different speeds. No one changed the tranny on it is bone stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts