My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy Smokes, Just removed the mulch kit and installed the bagger blade and bags. These 30" decks with the "inside lip" (aka Snapper type) decks will vacuum up everything in sight including hundreds if not 1000's of walnuts. The down side is it also picks up a lot of the fine gravel I have used for landscaping. I have a 38" and a 30" deck mower for my STX yellow deck mower. The 30" is by far the best "bagging" deck. My 90's model Cub 2130 was pretty remarkable but I have never seen a mower clean up walnuts at a normal mowing depth.

Any other mowers that do an exceptional job at bagging?

·
Super Moderator
16,783 Posts
Glad to hear it works so Good For You:thThumbsU

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only issue I find with the extra high lift blade is the dust! With it being so dry this thing is making the yard dark with the dust it's kicking out the back chute. Have to hose myself and the mower down after each leaf pickup. May have to only use it after it rains! Back to the old 110!

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Only issue I find with the extra high lift blade is the dust! With it being so dry this thing is making the yard dark with the dust it's kicking out the back chute. Have to hose myself and the mower down after each leaf pickup. May have to only use it after it rains! Back to the old 110!
Yup, that time of year for the baggers.

I remember now how dusty I got last year using one on my X540.

Now I haven't used my new one yet on my X720, but I'll bet "Brutus" will go from JD green and yellow to completely gray before the bags are full.............:Stop:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ended up reinstalling the standard bagging blade and it got rid of most of the dust issue. Still does a good job of picking up the leaves. The extra high lift is best for wet grass I was told.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts