My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Parts collector
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost a school mate and friend today. Army vet, cop, EMT for the last 35+ years. My wife grew up with him in the firehouse and he has given his life to helping others. Prostate cancer got him after 3 weeks of the prognosis.

He is and will be a hero in my small town!

RIP Randy. :cry:

·
Parts collector
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Super Moderator
35,925 Posts
Mopar, sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. He dedicated his life to the service of others! Prayers for his family and yours.

·
Administrator
21,555 Posts
So sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. Sounds like he was a very stand-up fellow in the public service world.

·
Parts collector
4,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone.
Funny thing is even facing certain death he had a smile on his face and used the term "it is what it is" . His sickness and death has brought many of our classmates that haven't seen or talked to each other in 30+ years back into contact with each other via facebook. We didn't have enough people want to come to have a 35th class reunion so it was canceled but we did have a small get together at a local bar/restaurant but he couldn't be there. He really was a true hero and will be missed. I just can't believe he is gone after only 3 weeks of knowing he had cancer. We were supposed to have a spaghetti dinner for him today at a local restaurant owned by another classmate but it was canceled 2 days ago because he was not well enough to attend and now he's gone. He was always the life of the party, and we all joke about "big Randy hugs" because that is what he did.

·
Administrator - We’re all friends here
15,614 Posts
Another good guy gone. My condolences, Mopar.

Reactions: mopar65pa
1 - 10 of 10 Posts