My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have any favorite in-line fuel filters they use, on their Lawnboys, if so, could you please list the numbers?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Seems like the Brigs 5065 is the favorite.
The Briggs 5065 filter has gone through at least two number changes, and the most current package will have the part # 691035. The filter itself will have the 4096 part number on the side. These can be found at Home Depot or most places that have small engine parts for mowers.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

·
Castor Freak
2,167 Posts
I have to say that I like the briggs red filter. It is small so it can fit in smaller places and it is a universal flow which means it can be put on either way. I have one on my duraforce right now with no fuel shutoff valve for a year now and I get no leaks and I haven't had to clean the carb yet. So far so good.

·
LAWN-BOY-AHOLIC
1,349 Posts
Even though the filter I am looking at has B&S 5065 the filter it's self has 493629 on it. Great filters that will last for years, the diagram on the package shows the fuel flow direction to towards the larger capped end.

·
Old engine addict
292 Posts
I've been running lawnmowers and small engines for years now and never saw the need for a filter personally. Just one more joint in the fuel line to leak.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
there is diff a need for a fuel filter on small engines -most tanks have a small screen of some type in them but its usually not enough. i have used the briggs filter for years but have found it still lets very small particals of dirt tru somehow. its hard to find anything else in this small size though. one plus w/briggs is that it can be cleaned out and reused in a pinch-just spray carb cleaner into it and blow out the debrie with compressed air.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I just went onto Primeline's website and found out that the little filter mentioned above from O'Reilly's is a 40 micron. Wow. Didn't figure I'd get enough flow from that tight of a filter. So far so good with everything I've installed them on. I'll keep the forum updated if I have a problem with fuel flow.

·
Decesaed (R.I.P.)
1,957 Posts
75 micron is for use with fuel pump engines, 40 micron is pretty dang small. Might just have to change it more often.

I run the 125 micron red Briggs filters and the clear sintered brass filters. The red disk type fit better in tight spots.

·
2 strokes forever!
471 Posts
I use that Briggs 90 degree one too. Just wished it came in Grabber Green instead of red/ black!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
75 micron is for use with fuel pump engines, 40 micron is pretty dang small. Might just have to change it more often.

I run the 125 micron red Briggs filters and the clear sintered brass filters. The red disk type fit better in tight spots.
Yeah 40 is small. It doesn't say on the package so I didn't know how tight they were until today. I guess I should notice any fuel starvation problems first on the Dura Force since it's the biggest fuel user. It's working fine for now.:praying:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts