My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am soon going to be the owner of a used 4-5 yr old GTH2548. I was wanting to hear from some GTH2548 owners to get their impressions of the machines quality, reliability, and capabilities. It would also be helpful to hear how owners use their husky tractors whether its simply mowing the yard or heavier work.

Also I would like to hear about any attachments you have and your opinion of them as well. I was thinking of purchasing a Johnny Bucket, Johnny Plow, and wheel weights. Will the 2548 handle the abuse of using these attachments.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure...I just assumed that all the 2548's had the same engine. The tractor is not at my house but, it is at a home I will be moving to sometime in the future. I will find out the engine specs and then post them.

·
Registered
351 Posts
well, I have the GTH2654, but I removed the deck since all I have to mow is a turkey mound on my 1.2 acres. My propperty is rugged (mountains) with some slopes.

Yours is pretty much the same as mine. These are the last of the heavy frames. I have the JBjr, a large trailer, and a plow that I fabricated with a friend to mount to the Jbjr lift system. I've moved 35+ tons of stone, dirt, and wood.

As long as you take care of it, it will be a great work horse.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have been using mine all summer to mow about 2 acres or so, all sloped and very bumpy. I also use it to pull a cart, quite often. I have excellent traction, and the tractor easily pulled a cart pull of nearly 1000 pounds of cold asphalt.

I can't say much for cut quality since my lawn is so crappy anyway ... but it looks good to me after I mow. Then again, I am not as "into" my lawn as some folks on here. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts