My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if this belongs here or in Off Topics so if it needs to be moved my apologies.

Last week my fiancée got a bug about how Long it takes for me to do yard work, so smart mouth me snaps back "Well if I had some help it wouldn't take as long !".

Just some inside info on Jen : Her ex husband was a lazy SOB and always made her do the yard work (it had to get done right?) so she really didn't want to help but she disliked the fact that with me doing it all (it takes about 4.5 hours to do it) we didn't spend much time together, we have weird work hours.

So little Miss Smartiepants said teach me (Oh Lord I see a fight brewing) so I begrudgingly said Ok and I walked her thru my normal checks oil, tires, fuel, grease, then the start up.

After a few small corrections on how to safely operate it I said drive around the west yard and get a feel for it while I trim the east side but no mowing !

So 30 minutes later I come around the house and here she is going to town on the lawn so I had her stop and asked why are you running the deck ?

Her reply was well I might as well cut it as I learn and off she went again, now I'm not sure if she's ever seen me mowing or not but for her first time on a rider she did a great job.

Not too many missed spots or mistakes at all so I finished the trimming and asked her if she wanted me to finish and she just smiled and said nope I'm having fun !

Jen's still not to comfortable with the hills but thats Ok I don't mind doing them but on the rest she's a mowing demon.

So if your lady says let me give it a try do it, you just might be as proud as I am.

Love that Jen. :00000031:

P.S. I think I've lost my hat but it looks better on her anyway.

Attachments

·
22,175 Posts
:bananapow:bannana::congrats: Way to go, Jen!!! :congrats::bannana::bananapow

Now you done it Ron. Time for a new tractor for you. She's taken that one. :crybaby:

Bob :rauch10:

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:bananapow:bannana::congrats: Way to go, Jen!!! :congrats::bannana::bananapow

Now you done it Ron. Time for a new tractor for you. She's taken that one. :crybaby:

Bob :rauch10:
I think you're right Bob. :sidelaugh

·
Member 800 post club !!
953 Posts
You may have just lost your tractor! Yard looks great Jen!!

·
The voice of reason !
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey gentleman!

This is Jen and let me just say I prefer that rider to a push mower any day of the week Just wanted to say thanks for all the kind replies in regards to Ron's post. Makes me feel good knowing he's not the only one that thinks I did a good job!

And yes I plan to steal his hat and tractor in the very near future! :sidelaugh

:thanku:

·
Administrator
21,251 Posts
I don't know, Jen. I think you'd look pretty sharp driving around on a brand spanking new John Deere or Cub Cadet over the red machine you started on. You might just want to give Ron his tractor back and have him get you one of your very own.

Nice job on the lawn!

·
1K Posts and climbing
1,666 Posts
Well, quality time together is irreplaceable.

You could use this as an excuse to add another tractor to the fleet. :)

At least, you did not reply "that is what I have you for." That would have been game over. :)

Maybe you could re pay her by helping her with some of her 'chores'.

I'm not sure if this belongs here or in Off Topics so if it needs to be moved my apologies.

Last week my fiancée got a bug about how Long it takes for me to do yard work, so smart mouth me snaps back "Well if I had some help it wouldn't take as long !".

Just some inside info on Jen : Her ex husband was a lazy SOB and always made her do the yard work (it had to get done right?) so she really didn't want to help but she disliked the fact that with me doing it all (it takes about 4.5 hours to do it) we didn't spend much time together, we have weird work hours.

So little Miss Smartiepants said teach me (Oh Lord I see a fight brewing) so I begrudgingly said Ok and I walked her thru my normal checks oil, tires, fuel, grease, then the start up.

After a few small corrections on how to safely operate it I said drive around the west yard and get a feel for it while I trim the east side but no mowing !

So 30 minutes later I come around the house and here she is going to town on the lawn so I had her stop and asked why are you running the deck ?

Her reply was well I might as well cut it as I learn and off she went again, now I'm not sure if she's ever seen me mowing or not but for her first time on a rider she did a great job.

Not too many missed spots or mistakes at all so I finished the trimming and asked her if she wanted me to finish and she just smiled and said nope I'm having fun !

Jen's still not to comfortable with the hills but thats Ok I don't mind doing them but on the rest she's a mowing demon.

So if your lady says let me give it a try do it, you just might be as proud as I am.

Love that Jen. :00000031:

P.S. I think I've lost my hat but it looks better on her anyway.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts