My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Simplicity-guy, a man new to country living with a desire to learn about tractors and things.

My first question relates to changing out the engine (which is blown) in my Simplicity Sovereign. The engine is:

Kohler OHC 16, v-twin, overhead cam design with horizontal crankshaft

I'm told this engine was produced only one year, and quickly replaced with something else. I need to find something else to allow my tractor to work again.

Andrew

·
10K and Climbin!
12,303 Posts
:MTF_wel2:Simplicity-guy!

As I've never had the pleasure to swear at (read: 'work on') one of those I'm not a good source of knowledge for your problem.. I'm sure someone will be along to help ya out tho! :goodl:

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The Kohler "Command" engine is what was usually used to replace the OHC engine. These engines are readily available new and used.

·
Registered
786 Posts
See your Simplicity dealer to see what they do. Remember they want to sell you a new one.Check Simpletractors.online.They have 3 or 4 dealers who have complete engine kits including wiring and brackets etc for engine swaps IMO;stay away from the OHC!:goodl::rauch10:

·
Senior Tinkerer
1,577 Posts
I'm Simplicity-guy, a man new to country living with a desire to learn about tractors and things.

My first question relates to changing out the engine (which is blown) in my Simplicity Sovereign. The engine is:

Kohler OHC 16, v-twin, overhead cam design with horizontal crankshaft

I'm told this engine was produced only one year, and quickly replaced with something else. I need to find something else to allow my tractor to work again.

Andrew
Welcome to MTF! Lots of "tractors and things" info around here...watch out for the "things" stuff! :eek:

What is the model# of your Sovereign? (should be a 7 digit # on a label on the frame) And which Kohler model does it have?
I looked over on SEPW.com and they did not show a 16hp Kohler for a Sovereign, only Briggs. Maybe the Kohler 16hp was used for such a short time they just did not list it?

In what way is your engine "blown"? Is it so bad that it cannot be economicallly fixed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts