My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im going to make a ztr 4 wheeled go kart. it will only go about 10 to 15 but its going to do some things like push a blade and what not.
im going to use this diff and a 6.5 hp motor.
here is what the diff looks like
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...27401&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

it has dual brakes so that’s a plus. im going to use 2 inch angle iron.
in the back will be where the diff will go and big caster wheels will be up front.
any questions or comments let me no.

·
Registered
49 Posts
How does that work as a zero turn? I am guessing that you brake on one side, and it transfers the power to the other side? It is a pretty cool looking setup - lots of possibilities.

·
dirtgeezer
1,441 Posts
What, no reverse on each wheel? wouldn't be a true ZTR without being able to reverse one wheel and forward the other wheel, will it? Not that it will matter on a Go-Cart.

·
CalifornianGravelynator
4,330 Posts
if you brake one wheel the other will not simply keep spining that looks to be just a stait shaft and would just stall the engine or drag the tire straight its realy not that simple , and 15mph is fast for such a small wheel base

·
CalifornianGravelynator
4,330 Posts
k thanks for the answer

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would be concerned that over 10-12 mph the sensitivity and turning ability of the zero turn setup would cause a rollover.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts