My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been looking for a forum for two years for my lgt100. Never really found a lot of info - that changed here.

p.s. my manual wont be here for a week, what sort of grease and how much does the lilttle gearbox take that's between the clutch and the transmission?

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Glad you are pleased with the site bandit, don't know about your question on the grease, but perhaps someone in the know will be along :).

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
been looking for a forum for two years for my lgt100. Never really found a lot of info - that changed here.

p.s. my manual wont be here for a week, what sort of grease and how much does the lilttle gearbox take that's between the clutch and the transmission?
Bandit, not sure I'm understanding you exactly. Can you elaborate on the gearbox in question? Is it the right angle gearbox that drives the transmission? That is the only gearbox I can think of near the transmission unless you are talking about the steering box.
If that is the box in question, I will try to have an answer soon.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Bandit, the gearbox in question is the right angle box off the driveshaft. I didn't recognize it at first because all my Fords are hydros and don't have this gearbox. Here are some images of it from the Jacobsen master parts catalog. It is similar to yours since Jacobsen makes the Ford LGT open sided tractor.

Grease type and how much is not known. A few good pumps should do it. I wouldn't overfill it since you need room for expansion when the gearbox gets warm.

·
Registered
141 Posts
The owner manual just states it takes grease.

but does state fill until the grease seeps out. I would have to think they mean around the input and output shafts

Should be a zerk fitting near the rear of the gearbox as per the photo

Joe

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey there mickey maybe you can help me i just picked up a lgt125 hydro can you tell me what kind of fluid i put in the rearend and if i can get that at wal mart or do i have to go to a dealer, i think that is hydrolic oil am i correct or is it something else this is my first hydro i have owned
ty

·
^_^
65 Posts
hey there mickey maybe you can help me i just picked up a lgt125 hydro can you tell me what kind of fluid i put in the rearend and if i can get that at wal mart or do i have to go to a dealer, i think that is hydrolic oil am i correct or is it something else this is my first hydro i have owned
ty
I put ISO68 Hydraulic oil in my LGT125, and it works great. It is much quieter than whatever I drained out of it. But then again, it was a gallon low. :fing20:

Many people use regular transmission fluid, but I would never use it. It's too thin in my opinion..

·
Registered
5 Posts
thax denrocks i dont know what year mine is but im going to turn this tractor into a pulling machine i havent dealt with hydros before so it a learning curve for me thanks again

1 - 10 of 10 Posts