My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
JD X585 owner
519 Posts
I think folks are going to want to know what kind of help you are looking for ...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
A 48" deck is pretty small for that machine. It will barely cover the width of the tires and will make edging against trees and fences potentially hazardous to the shiny rear fenders. I would want a 54" or 60" on a machine that size.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A 48" deck is pretty small for that machine. It will barely cover the width of the tires and will make edging against trees and fences potentially hazardous to the shiny rear fenders. I would want a 54" or 60" on a machine that size.
I had a 48 inch on my X585 years ago I loved it perfect size and cut I was just curious how everyone like the HFWD Cheers
Kenny
Here is video of it in action

·
Registered
140 Posts
I have a 48" deck on my X720 and it works well. Cuts nice.

·
Proud JD Owner
1,740 Posts
Other than the Diesel, the biggest diff would be full-time AWD on the X758. No 4WD lever.

·
Shacker
761 Posts
I too have the 48" deck on my X728. Not sure why some people don't like them. I may not get under a bush as far as the 54", but I've had no issues getting up close to anything else. The deck sticks plenty far out from the rear tire. And ... , if you have somewhat rough terrain, the smaller deck will give a better looking cut. Love the AWD, can't even tell it's on until you need it. DOES NOT tear up the lawn when turning any more than a 2WD tractor.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Learn how to hide the smile when you get done mowing when you tell the wife, "I've been mowing all day".

·
Registered
475 Posts
I too have the 48" deck on my X728. Not sure why some people don't like them. I may not get under a bush as far as the 54", but I've had no issues getting up close to anything else. The deck sticks plenty far out from the rear tire. And ... , if you have somewhat rough terrain, the smaller deck will give a better looking cut. Love the AWD, can't even tell it's on until you need it. DOES NOT tear up the lawn when turning any more than a 2WD tractor.
My comments will be the same. No reason to not buy the 48" deck, especially if you have some small openings to cope with, and it rolls out and off pretty easy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts