My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gth26v48 drew its last straw thursday! It is now setting back at the dealer and next week I am taking delivery of a 2006 X540 deere! The dealer was very understandable and easy to get along with. He has worked with me through all the problems I had, even the last one! Which was the middle blade is now lower than the 2 outer ones!

Recap how poor of quality it was.
1. missing lift bolt, could not raise and lower the deck correctly
2. middle spindle was higher than the other 2
3. gauge wheels keep bending, never had problems with any cub cadet I had
4. hard starting, choke out of adjustment
5. died twice as I was mowing and only restarted once
6. scalps and hard to keep deck level
7. power bagger pulley cuts into platform
8. deck does not float well
9. does not like cutting 3 inches of grass, lets skippers no matter how slow I go
10. dealer fixed middle spindle, was perfect, now lower than the other 2

This was a should have known better moment! Just trying to save money and get a good warranty. But with it being in the shop all the time it was worse than my 30 year old cub cadets!

:1287:

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
Sorry to hear that Ernest, sounds like you got a lemon, hopefully the new JD will serve you well :fing32:.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Sorry to hear about your exp. Congrats on the x540 you will enjoy it.:thThumbsU

·
Roll Tide Roll!!!
62 Posts
Good luck with that Deere!

Saint

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Any brand can have a lemon and I hope your X540 will be better and good luck with it. slkpk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ernest...Iwas done with my GTH26V48LS **** pile 2 weeks ago and am very happy now with my newYTH22V46XLS,no more headaches to deal with feel bad though for Kevlm tried to worn him but he bought anyways and is already having problems.

·
Registered
250 Posts
My brand new used maybe 8 times good deal made in Chinakaka Rhino 6' grooming mower has thrown off both outside pulleys in the last two weeks. The first time it was just an inconvenience and small money to fix...just a matter of ordering their special lock washer and new nut, no damage done.

This time the other side pulley came lose and spun around the key somehow and ovaled out the pulley, over a hundred dollars to fix. I called the company techs and described how I put the first pulley back on and he said I was doing it the right way.

In comparrison my 20 year old 5' John Deere bush hog has went though countless miles of ditches and fields over the years and only has needed new blades.

From now on if it ain't green it ain't coming home with me... Your gonna love that new to you JD Ernest....I gurarrentee it.

·
Registered
351 Posts
No brand is a good as thirty years ago. After the problems my in law had with a 2009 cub cadet GT, I'd stay 100 miles away from them. What a piece of garbage.

I had a 67 Craftsman about 5 years ago. I use to pop wheelies with it and it hauled anything.

·
Premium Member
9,656 Posts
Good luck Ernest, I hope the JD is trouble free. I also hope my AYP-made tractor doesn't start to exhibit problems like you have had (knocking on wood). I'm glad your dealer backed his product.

·
Registered
239 Posts
good luck ernest the problem is not the product but the company making the product its all about the bottom line, not quality anymore corners are cut cheaper material is used, if you notice anything you buy now a days is junk and doesnt perform as it should from flashlights to refrigerators there is no more pride or quality in any of the products you can purchase now. with the economy the way it is you would think companys would start looking at quality to sell there products but they are not its all about the bottom line. foreign or domestic its the same its all junk! even my 6 year old house is in need of repair because of poor workmanship it is sad what has become of things.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts