My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
garden tractor junkie
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I'm a Grandpa!! as of saturday! This is my first grand baby. I'm only 38 but that's ok with me. We had our daughter in high school. She did things the old fashioned way graduated got married. Me and my wife are married but not till a few years after high school. It was a scary weekend my daughter went at 35 weeks. and had to have a emergency c section. The baby and my daughter are doing good. The baby is doing better than my daughter. Lots of prayers are needed. I am the proudest grand pop pop in the world!! Her name is Emma Noel Teders. 5lb and 1 oz and 19 inches long.

Attachments

·
I'll never get to 10,000
5,065 Posts
Congrats!!!

·
Parts collector
3,420 Posts
congrats!

Reactions: Nathan Bottjer

·
Premium Member
9,508 Posts
I'm 60 and I can't imagine being a grandpa. Most hopeful wishes for your daughter and grand daughter.

·
We're all friends here
14,301 Posts
Congratulations, and best wishes for your daughter's quick recovery.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Congratulations! Hoping for a speedy recovery for your daughter. I had to wait until 61 for my first Grandson. I'm going to watch him "graduate" from Kindergarten tomorrow morning. :D

·
Premium Member
8,566 Posts
Congrats Nathan! Baby looks healthy! Hoping for quick recovery for your daughter.

Everyone's life path is different. I was 37 when I had my first son, so there's a whole extra generation worth of difference!

I have no regrets (definitely hadn't met anyone I was compatible with for marriage prior to that point), but having young parents and grandparents is so helpful for kids!

Mike

·
garden tractor junkie
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have spoiled her before she was even born. I got her a custom onezy with a wheelhorse logo and i have a lady making a john deere onezy for me. i bought more stuff then my wife did. i also went to john deere and bought alot of baby stuff! LOL

·
garden tractor junkie
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you everyone for your thoughts,prayers! This is the best thing that has happened to my family in the past almost 3 years! Words cannot express how happy i am. i feel like a big bearded baby! In 2016 my biological mom passed away from cancer, the same year my adopted family my dad the only dad i knew took his own life out of know where. Then my step dad who was married to my biological mom died of cancer in 2017. my wife had a few relatives pass away. then the latest was my father in law who i really looked up to died a few months ago out of know where. Then to top all of this off my adopted family(adopted mom,and 2 sisters) took over most of my dads tractors i worked so hard to save and remove from the property so the bank wouldn't get them. They stabbed me in the back and took it all over and adopted mom and family have not spoke to me in over a year not even a birthday card for my 2 youngest daughters. I tried to be the peace maker like my late dad craig bottjer was but to no success! I have lost a lot of trust and hope and some faith. But this wonderful gift from God has restored a lot of things in my life. I'm not a preaching man by know means but if i take away anything in life my late grandpa being a preacher has taught me and shown me there is alot to life and sometimes it is best to just move on and move forward. I'm grateful for my late dads tractor friends who call to check on me and for new tractor folks i meet and new friends i have made! Thank you everyone for the kind words!!

·
Premium Member
8,566 Posts
BTW, :Welcome1:

You certainly have been through a lot. I'd echo your Dad's advice, and I'm sure there are a lot more examples where that came from! All I'd add is, don't get walked on, but certainly, never stoop to their level.

I cannot put into words the amount of respect that I have for you for sticking with your girlfriend, marrying her, and raising your daughter. That is insanely rare for the past few generations.

Enjoy this next chapter of your life, you've definitely earned it.

Mike

1 - 20 of 26 Posts