My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
:Welcome: lotuni it looks like you have a good deal of weight on the back. You have a snowblower i take it? Is that the reason for the weight? Us southerners dont have to worry with snow.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just got about 8" this morning!! It's acctualy a rotary broom.

Here's a video of the broom in action that I had posted at GW.

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
I dont know what a rotary broom is unless it what they use to clean the streets with. But that thing looks like it works great you just walked right though that snow like it wasnt there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's exactly what it is. They also use it to clean runways when it snows (except much larger). It gets right down to the surface. It works great up to about 8-10" tall snow, after that I usualy have to do a second pass b/c some snow usualy comes back around the broom. No big deal... just means more seat time for me! :woohoo1:

·
Registered
166 Posts
lotuni,

Went to Sears yesterday looking for that attachment for weights. They didn't know what I was talking about. Is that a Husqvarna-specific setup, or did they come with your blower kit?

Rob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are for both. I was just as sears this week end and they had the weight kit sitting there on a LT (or was it YT? Can't remeber). 4 bars on it and the 2 others were on the floor beside it. They may have to do some digging in their price books. It went for $299 CAD IIRC. Mine was all a package deal, but I requested these specificaly over the wheel weights to offset the weight of the broom. They were also not on the regular Husq catalog, but it was in the dealers' accsessory lists.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I visit Husqvarna local dealer ...

today and according to them most attachement are from 3rd party suppliers. I asked for weights (the same as yours Lotuni) and they are coming from Bercomac the same as snowblowers (http://www.abcgroff.com/lg/berc1.htm#3).

Another 4 hours and I will have to change the oil and I think going with syntetic. What do you think any comments? My car is running on syntetic oil, it was recommended by the dealer servive department so I think the same may apply to tractors. To be honest I ordered a case when at the dealer today.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many hours do you have on the tractor already? Does it say in the manual to change it after a few hours?
I hear synthetic is always the way to go. I got a case (well 6 bottles) of Opti max oil. If you got this case they doubled the engine warty for me. It was a promo that Husq and optimax was putting on b/c 2 dealers I went to both had signs and oil on the tractors.
I guess you just have to watch the weights of the oil. For us b/c of the cold they recomend 5w30 I think.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put 4.1 hours, manual calls for first oil change after 8 hour and then every 25 hours. According to the chart in manual I should be fine with 10w30.

The dealer ordered some paint (in spray) to fix the scratches on the hood. Looks like I will have to do it myself, no big deal, I can do it. So no new hood for me.

I don't remember the brand of the oil but it was listed in Husqvarna catalog. I have to say you are very lucky having dealership which is so up-to-date with all products and promotions.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where did you see that first 8 hr oil change?? I just looked in the pdf manual I have here and did not see that? I saw the maintenance chart and mine says "check engine oil every 8" and "change engine oil every 25". Can you tell me what page that's on?

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,460 Posts
:Welcome: jasz I would wait before going to synthetic. At least till you have reach 50hrs. That way all your rings have time to seat during the break in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lotuni: In Kawasaki Owner's Manual on page 28. What is very confusing is the fact that Kawasaki manual calls for oil replacement EVERY 100 hours where as tractor manual chart on page 16 derects oil replacement EVERY 25 hours.

Jody: Thanks for advice, I will wait with syntetic till 50 hours.

What spare parts (tractor/snowblower) should I order in advance so I can minimized the down time. I'm thinking about ordering few air filters, oil filters and spark plugs. Anything else I may need?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
oh! Now I know where my confusion is. :bonk: The engine manual, right. I was just looking at the tractor manual.

I would also add a belt to that list. It is not a big investment in the scheme of things, but in winter if the belt goes you may not be able to get out of your drive way one day and then you may do this :banghead3

Also maybe some extra nuts, bolts and washers. I've had one bolt, nut and washer come off my blade as I was pushing snow. I found them in the dirt (where snow once was) last week when everything melted. I had to go to the home depot and get another set to finish the job that day. The snow has sice come back again!

·
Registered
166 Posts
lotuni,

Thanks for the info. re - the weigts. I did have the Sears sales guy checking all his data on his computer trying to identify that accessory. Nothing except wheel-weights were there on his system. Maybe if I had a number, or even a name for that accessory, I could find it? Is there an identifying number or name for the weight kit on your sale documents or receipt?

Rob

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lotuni: Thanks. Good thinking. I need a spare belt for the snowblower and for the deck. I have a box full of extra nuts, bolts and washers. My snowblower and sub frame came with complimentary bags of extra bolts, washers and nuts.

Rob: My local Husqvarna dealer is getting these weights for me. They called Husqvarna Canada and were told to get them from Bercomac. I have a Bercomac catalog which lists them as Counterweight:
#700240 Universal Rear Weights
#700246 Rear Weight Electrolux
I hope it helps.

·
Registered
166 Posts
lotuni, jasz,

Well, that weight kit must be a Canadian thing. I've been all over the web checking Bercomac dealers in the U.S., and others, (Electrolux, etc.), looking for the kit and/or the numbers you gave for the weights. No Joy! Bercomac's web site for the the U.S. says that they are still, "under construction", and list very few of their products, not including the weights. I guess Canadian Husqy dealers must have a more direct access to Berco's stuff, including the weight kit. Oh well ...

I will head back to Sears and see if they handle Bercomac products, but I don't think so.

Rob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts