My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
HeadCase For My Ingersoll
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Smaller garden cart that's not in bad condition... albeit needing a sandblast and paint.

Attachments

·
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From what I'm finding it looks to be a #3 cart made by IH. Anyone know their value? I'm considering restoring it. It's too well built to scrap. Is the front decal available? Partstree doesn't carry it.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
My guess is that it went with the Cadet 55, 65, and 75 RER's from the late 60's. It looks much smaller than the Fendered IH carts that went with the 70's, 100's and upwards

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
I dont believe I seen a #3 IH cart. I wonder how many IH carts were made. I have the # 2 IH cart, and I rember reading somewhere that those carts were going for 2-250.00 restored. I could be wrong. I think your cart is highly worth a restore. Very nice find! :trink40:

·
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a tiny cart. Without dimensions I'm only able to compare photos... and it's similar to a #3 by comparison. Definitely not something anyone would want for work behind a GT. But it is very well built and has tons of personality. RER cart wouldn't surprise me. Is there a site that explains these fully? I haven't found much. If it were 60's I'd be very surprised.

·
Farm Show
5,386 Posts
I was moving some stuff around today and just happen to get a group picture of my yard carts. Here you can see a IH #2 cart. I have seen the #2 carts behind RER's as well as any IH tractor model. I know Sergeant will be able to pin-point this IH model cart!

Attachments

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts

·
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did catch that. He doesn't explain which is which

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
I just got a #2 for free over the weekend. only thing is it doesn't have a tailgate. great condition otherwise. I think its all original.
Nice score and welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
thanks, can you tell me how much it is worth in good condition?
Not sure on that. I see JD and some other branded carts with asking prices of 2-3X what a generic cart would sell for. Not sure if they sell at that price. Best bet is to look at CL or FB marketplace and find something similar. No tailgate is a big hit on value.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not sure on that. I see JD and some other branded carts with asking prices of 2-3X what a generic cart would sell for. Not sure if they sell at that price. Best bet is to look at CL or FB marketplace and find something similar. No tailgate is a big hit on value.
yeah I know. I'm gonna make one out of wood and make a cool looking floor out of wood also. will it kill the value if I repaint it?

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts
yeah I know. I'm gonna make one out of wood and make a cool looking floor out of wood also. will it kill the value if I repaint it?
If I planned on using it I wouldn't worry about the value and would do what I wanted with it. It's probably worth more as a usable cart than anything else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If I planned on using it I wouldn't worry about the value and would do what I wanted with it. It's probably worth more as a usable cart than anything else.
thats what I was thinking but I wanna sell it someday. I'm gonna wait for it to get older and more valuable though. What years did they make the IH #2 trailers?

·
Premium Member
2,949 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,420 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts