My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i looking at a couple IH Cubs for GT pulling. I will start in the 12HP stock class, but lean toward the wide frame as i can drop a 20 HP v twin in to run 20HP stock class later on.

One is a 122 the other is either a 1000 or 1200 model. Both are already build for pulling and have pulling tires ion the back, wheelie bars, places for weight ect. Both are decent price with good motors and extra stuff included. Tempted to buy both. :)

Educate me please:

do the transmissions from narrow and wide frame exchange? I was told both manuals trans are the same unit with same bolt pattern to frame and same width hub to hub.

Wide frame models 800 to 1450, do they all have the same frame? Basically same tractor with different HP motors? I know the 1250 and 1450 are hydros. But they say the manual trans will bolt right into them.

I assume there are slight body differences.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
YUP....The Gear Drive Transmission and rear ends are the same for the NF & WF Cubs.

The Width of the frame is considered at the front of the tractor. At the rear of the frame, the widths are all the same.

As far as serviceability, the WF are much easier to work on as opposed to the NF's.

In the 12HP range, the usable IH built WF Gear Drive models would be: 128 & 1200.

In the 12HP range, the usable IH built NF Gear Drive models would be: 122, 124, & 126

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks, you could use the 1000 if you put a 12HP motor in it right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts