My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I did a rewire on my 66 IH cub.

My cow 'helped' me by running her horns over it.. pulled genny wires out and all.

I had a heck of a time getting the genny and regualtor hooked back up and polarized correctly. Mid sunday i got it finished and was oh-so-happy. as the cub is my 'small' lawnmower, and grass is starting to come up.

Anyone else got a cub?

Here's mine:

Soundguy

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
boy, she looks nice! Here's mine.....a 1956

Attachments

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
freebird said:
boy, she looks nice! Here's mine.....a 1956

Nice. I actually wanted an older one, with the rounded nose.. but ended up with this one.

I responded to an add in another city, had the money in hand and hauled the trailer up to get a '51' cub. I probably should have held out for the older one.. but this one had the mower and front blade, and was in good condition.. so I got it. I use it to mow around my fences, and to mow about 2 ac of right of way near the street and between my pasture and the neighbors pasture.

Soundguy

·
Super Moderator
16,745 Posts
Big Dog is that Cub Cadet Garden tractor a 782

·
Registered
111 Posts
:050: Freeebird:

Nice to see the your new Cub! Welcome to the family. Looks in very good shape, not requireing that much work at all :)

Soundguy:

Nice Cub, nice sun guard and nice blade. You lucked out on that one.

BD: Nice to see the lineup again. Now that is what I call a new lawn mower. Can I have the CC please - pretty please ?? :050:

·
Ratchet Jaw old Member
10,400 Posts
WoW , there all great , love them pics. , I want a white one !! where can I order one??
I have a freind named Lewis , He told me last week that he started buying lawn tractors , but only if there yellow and white. says he has 70 some.
When I drive buy his farm again , I`ll snap some photo`s

G

·
0 Posts
My first tractor was a Cub 154 Lo Boy my father gave me that was a basket case. I got it back to together with a lot of help from an retire gentleman who was a former Cub/Intl. shop forman. I used it for about 10 years and it was still running strong when I traded her in on a Kubota L245. It had the front blade, 3 pt. hitch, pto kit, and the MMM.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Check My Avitar

That is one of my babies I have three more. Cubs are the tractor equivilent of crack, once you start is is nearly impossible to stop. That is a twin- Draulic loader on the Cub make in Iowa. Seriel # 24

·
Super Moderator
16,745 Posts
Big dog nice looking 782. Now all I need is to fine one for myself so I can finish My IH Cub Cadet collection for each decade IH Built Cub cadets. I Have a Cub Original,and a 1970 106 Then I can start collecting Cub Lowboys if the wife lets me. Are you the original owner of the 782.

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Glad all you guys made it here! :trink39: This is working into a great place to hang out!

Soundguy, you "helpful" cow gave me a chuckle, I had a similar experience a few years ago. We had left our 384 IH in the pasture while we had lunch, and the cows chewed half the wires out of the dash! :00000060: Had to rewire the keyswitch and a few other things. :1106:

My father and I collect and restore letter series Farmalls, and happen to have a Cub in the line-up as well.

BTW, keep the great pictures coming! :fing02:

·
Registered
111 Posts
David:

Nice to see the Cub again!

Soundguy, I forgot. Got three of them myself. Ellie-Mae is my first Cub and is a 1948 with Touch Control. Jethro is my second Cub and he is in kind of sorry shape right now (read in pieces) and Granny is my 48.

This pic was taken in 2003. I haven't got any from this winter as I haven't been able to play.

George:

Nice to see the lineup again. Sure hope you are feeling much better...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sergeant said:
Big dog nice looking 782. Now all I need is to fine one for myself so I can finish My IH Cub Cadet collection for each decade IH Built Cub cadets. I Have a Cub Original,and a 1970 106 Then I can start collecting Cub Lowboys if the wife lets me. Are you the original owner of the 782.

Yes, I bought the 782 new from our local IH dealer. It had a 50C deck and I got the 3 point hitch kit with it as I had a 3 point brinly plow and disk with the White GT 1650 that I replaced with the cadet. I have since sold the plow (mistake) but still have the disk.
The 782 was my primary mowing tractor until 2 years ago when I bought a JD LX277 lawn tractor to mow with. I flat wore the 50C deck out.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Nice pics all!!
Those tractors really helped mechanize the family farm.
I've been thinking about an old timer as a project.These pics really make me want to do it.....aarghhhhhhhhhh... I'm infected with the dreaded tractor bug! :fing20:

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
Gotta be careful of that bug Neil,, one tractor is never enough!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts