My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Retired Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
It looks like he did a good job with it :fing32: They have one of those down the road from me but it doesn't look that good.

·
Citizen of Earth
15,243 Posts
VERY nice job!

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
That's a beautiful job on a fine tractor!! :hatsoff: When he does get to your tractor, it'll be one nice job! :00000033:

G

·
0 Posts
SWEET! :fing02: I have been keeping my eyes peeled for a decent shape 786 thru 1286 myself. I went and looked at a 706 last Friday but she was in pretty rough shape and the owner wanted $4500 for the tractor, brush hog, and disk. The brush hog was junk; the disk was not too bad. The 706 needed some SERIOUS restoration. It ran OK but he had added a turbo charger and someone had modified the fuel injections system and had the pump turned up. Tires were shot.

·
Member Extraordinaire - Deceased March 2017
3,108 Posts
Tell your husband it is his choice. Either restore your tractor or you get a new mustang GT. It's his call. :D

Dur

·
Registered
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys......he's pretty proud of this one. Hopefully the customer is too.

Yea Bear he'll get to mine when it rains or so he always tells me ROF For some reason my projects don't get done on rainy days...Oh well some day....

Chief keep looking they are out there

Durwood i would be happy with that mustang gt....but would like to see my 284 shine like this one and my cub. Hmmmmmmm maybe next year for Valentine's day...LOL....just kidding as long as they run i'm happy

G

·
0 Posts
What happened to the picture of the 784? :confused: Anyhow, I was out watching the guys who I let bale the hay on the river bottom pasture and they use a 784 to run their hay baler. Their's is a working tractor but all of the parts and sheetmetal is still on it and aside from a good coating of oil and dust; is a very nice looking original 784. They told me the engine has been overhauled twice since new though.

G

·
0 Posts
I asked them the first time I saw the tractor and they weren't sure exactly because the hour meter and tach is broke. They figured at least 7,000 - 8,000 hours. The engine had been rebuilt when they bought it because it had been over headed and warped the head. Don't know why it was rebuilt the 1st time. Still is a VERY nice machine and WAY better built than current new tractors. Just the size I need. :bannana: :trink40:

·
Premium Member
2,395 Posts
I agree Chief, those were a well built and reliable tractor, no powershift or excessive electronics. They had a nice syncro-shift tranny,, just like driving a standard car.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts