My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
IH454
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to Tractors and have been only using front loader on my 1977 IH 454.
Grass ready to be cut so hooked up the topper and unknowing what I did with the right hand bank of levers I was able to lift and lower and engage the PTO no problem.
But I cannot now get the front loader to operate.
Is there a sequence of lever operations to switch between the front and rear hydraulics ?

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
If the loader has a separate set of hydraulic levers for itself. Try putting the tractors rear remote hydraulic control lever forward, in the detent position. If it has dual rear remotes, the left, or inside rear remote, would be the one, to put in the forward detent position, to divert oil to the loader controls.

At least, this the way it is on my 656.

·
IH454
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comments but the set of levers to the right and level with the seat are arranged from out to in as :-

heavy DRAFT light slow RAISE RESPONSE fast

slow DROP RESPONSE fast
LOWER RAISE engage PTO disengage

a lever on the vertical to the right and below the seat is :-

Lower I Raise

I believe there is a combination of two levers which I think is Lower / Raise and Draft which diverts the hydraulics between front and rear.
But having attempted various options I have not found he right combination and there is no obvious pairing.

·
IH454
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update
The lever on the vertical seat panel to the right must be in the Raise position to operate the front loader and it seems either of the Lower or middle positions to operate rear hydraulics. The lever labelling caused the confusion.
Thanks for your response DJ54

1 - 4 of 4 Posts