My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toro MN 73400 SN3901851
Working on a no start problem. I am 3rd person, homeowner 1st, backyard mechanic & now me. I suspect that the wrong ignition switch was put in. Correct switch is 116338. Can anyone tell me the orientation of the spade terminals on the back of the switch & what letter is by each terminal. All internet searches does not provide a picture of the back of the switch. There are 5 terminals on the switch.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The ipl's I looked at show 2 switches - 116338 and 111216 replaced by 103990. These last 2 are for battery ignition and the 1993 314-8 should have electronic magneto ignition. The 314-8 must share a parts list with the 520-Series and that is why the battery ignition switch is listed. Selecting the wrong one could be a costly mistake. The diagram shows a 5 terminal switch with one of those being the ground terminal.

The wiring diagrams for the 1993 are in the Files of
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhorsetractormanuals3_1/

Garry

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found that there are two different switches for this tractor. On the phone as I type waiting for a technician...Just got off the phone with Toro customer service & the lady tells me the 111216 ignition switch that was listed with the 116338 is an error and the proper switch is 116338. Go figure.

·
Registered
962 Posts
O'Rileys Auto parts store here has them both....$9.95 each

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are you sure? The 116338 cost 35.00 from the dealer. I searched it but couldn't find it anywhere else. It isn't even available from Stens, Rotary or Oregon aftermarket companies.

·
Registered
962 Posts
When I called about a switch for mine they said they had 2 choices, "Which one did I want?"

Thats all I can tell ya feller..........

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So, you didn't buy either? I'm guessing if you went there they would say "who told you that?"

·
Registered
962 Posts
So, you didn't buy either? I'm guessing if you went there they would say "who told you that?"

Look, I took my old one there, the guy took it, went back in the back an come out with a switch, he said I had the most popular one of the two. I pd him (9.95), went home an put it on an it worked. Thats all I can tell ya on this story.

:sorry1:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Molerj....Toolman was just trying to help you out. And on that switch you sure better listen to Garry or you could end up with some more problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts