My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
X495 starter engages in the ACC position (first switch click). Engine does start but the starter never kicks off. The only way I've been able to disengage the starter is to physically unplug it. First thought is a bad ignition switch. The yellow light indicating the blades are running while in reverse also remains always on even though its not in reverse nor are the blades running. Before I buy a new ignition switch for $172 +tax, I would like to hear your opinions.

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
two things to try, unplug dash & see what happens, 2nd make sure the control board from the key switch has a good ground, ( sounds easy ) incase you're wondering, the starter relay is part of the control board, so it's not serviceable unless your really good.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not having any luck unplugging the dash. What do the red and green LEDs indicate? Both are ON when the switch is ON. All the dash lights are on when the starter is unplugged and the switch is in the ACC position.

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
The dash should unplug pretty easy. The red light on means the pto is ready to use, so if brake pedal or rev pedal are pressed light goes off. the green light on means someone is sitting on the seat.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. I bit the bullet and purchased a new switch/module. It was a pain to install, but everything now works properly. Thanks for your help from Columbus, Ohio. I'm from Darke county. Go Bucks!

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Thanks for the info. I bit the bullet and purchased a new switch/module. It was a pain to install, but everything now works properly. Thanks for your help from Columbus, Ohio. I'm from Darke county. Go Bucks!
Glad it all worked out! Now we all need to see a pic of your X495

1 - 6 of 6 Posts