GRAVELY 019223
JACOBSEN 129746
JACOBSEN 129846
JOHN DEERE AM103286
JOHN DEERE AM32318
NATIONAL 1A808B
TORO 12-8140

It has the following pin out:

As the diagram shows it is for a coil ignition (no "M" terminal)

Some of the tractors that use this one are:
5000 series tractor with a Kohler coil ignition
24G
8199KT
8179KT
Pro16
Pro8
All Onan engines from the 800s and up unless you have one with the electronic ignition (fairly rare)

-----------------------

The other switch I ordered today was at Stens 430-070

It crosses over to:
GRAVELY 044767
JOHN DEERE AM102544
JOHN DEERE AM31995
LESCO 050102

The pinout looks like this:

This one is for a magneto. The "M" terminal is grounded to the case of the switch when in the "off" position.

Some of the tractors this one is used on are the Briggs 16hp single cyl on 4 wheel tractors.

On the Gravely G series 4 wheel tractor, the ignition switch used is the coil type (no "M" terminal). It does not matter which engine is installed. What Gravely did was to change the wiring of the relay depending on the engine type installed. The relay is really what controls the ignition. The ignition switch controls the relay. The wiring diagrams are in the appropriate G series Owners Manual.

Having said that, if someone has modified the wiring, removed components, etc. then it is impossible to predict which switch is needed as they may have completely re-engineered the ignition controls and used a different switch.

It is likely best to identify what is currently installed and replace it with the same type. As with all things, there are exceptions.

See less See more
#2 ·
Terminal letters are decoded as follows:

B - Battery
A - Accessory
R - Regulator
S - Starter Solenoid
M - Magneto
I - Ignition

#5 · (Edited)
The Indak keys are available in bulk packs of 25. Thankfully they are all keyed alike. I would hate to see the frustration levels over getting keys made if each one was different.

#6 ·
This might need stickied or added to the electrical post in the stickies. Again good job Richard.

#8 ·
Agreed and done.

Very nice writeup Richard. :fing32:

#7 ·
I ordered a Stens 430-249 It crosses over to:

The other switch I ordered today was at Stens 430-070
Richard - where is a good place to order these?

#10 ·
The silly things are everywhere. Homesteadmower.com, ebay, jacks, etc

#12 ·
Resurrecting an oldie, but goodie here. I just want to add to the first post that Richard made.

The Stens 430-249 switch for a coil ignition is available at NAPA. The NAPA part number is 7-01854. I bought one today for $14.49. It has exact pin out as the Stens switch that Richard posted.

#13 ·
This sticky is a little old, but nevertheless, in the interest of being more complete.

Stens 430-110 crosses over to:

Gravely 03602300, which is used on the Subaru Robin powered units.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.