My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you clean your 33 1/3 vinyl LP's with? The cleaning solutions cost amazing amounts, there's gotta be a good home recipe for them.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Wood glue. Gently spread a layer of wood glue across the entire surface except the label and allow to dry, then peel it off.

Use a brush arm while rotating on the turntable.

The use of a static gun reduces the static draw of dust to the record surface.

·
Premium Member
9,531 Posts
Is the stuff really that expensive for how much you use? I think I still have a bottle of Discwasher D3 from the 80's.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the stuff really that expensive for how much you use? I think I still have a bottle of Discwasher D3 from the 80's.
Im surprised they still make that stuff. I was looking for some commercially made cleaners, and the ones I found in kits were ridiculously priced

·
3,181 Posts
I have been using the LAST series of products for years, with what I feel to be excellent results. The initial outlay isn't small, but compared to the value of the equipment and music (much of which is irreplaceable) I think it's reasonable. And with care a little bit goes a long way.

·
Super Moderator
31,630 Posts
Most of my records are old flemarket, and garage sale finds... Some REAL bad ones, and I found using a light flow of..not warm, but not cold water from the sink flowing over and some dawn lightly spred with your hand does great for those old unloved records.. Not something you want for cleaning your nice every day stuff... but when you get a nasty one... works great and is kind to the record. I have had any yet that really needs more then a brush.. but as years and use goes on, Ill need to find something for day to day cleaning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts