My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
My kid @ W.H. gift shop:
7,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone do this and how is it going?

I d/l'd the beta a while back and removed it, the beta didnt like my bookmarks.

So am wondering if anyone has installed this, how it went, and how its going

Thanks

I know, I know...buy a Mac...

·
Retired Aug.31 2007
7,473 Posts
I installed it but don't ike the way it operates. I have been using Fire Fox and have been for a long time.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Anyone do this and how is it going?

I d/l'd the beta a while back and removed it, the beta didnt like my bookmarks.

So am wondering if anyone has installed this, how it went, and how its going

Thanks

I know, I know...buy a Mac...
I've been using it about a month now. Bookmarks are fine, I can't really think of anything that bugs me about it.

Bruce

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
Mine works fine, got it free last week... Slightly different, more stuff I won't use like 7 but I like the "delete" function being easy to get from the "Safety" tab... saves opening Internet Options et. al.... Hey, it "browses" which is all I need being a "casual computer user", what else would I want it to do anyway.

I don't like "suggested sites" or "Get more add-ons" (whatever they are) tabs taking up more screen space. Anybody find a use for those yet? There was a tutorial that disappeared after I first opened 8 the first time... it never showed up again when I clicked on "check later"...

I did find that my old "text size" settings needed an new tweak-up but the zoom makes that a bit easier along with the "accessability-'ignore text sizes'".

I can't complain.... I don't know what I'm talking about anyway...:ROF

·
My kid @ W.H. gift shop:
7,984 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I skipped the add ons and sugggested sites etc til i see how the plain vanilla version does. so far not too bad; i see they didnt put back the LINKS folder under favorites like beta testers wanted

·
Just Evil
903 Posts
I found that I can't type in the MTF chat room due to an issue with IE8.
Also clicking on the respond links on CL doesnt work. un installed IE8 and all works again.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I download IE8 about amonth ago, Everything works but pics and avitars. I now use firefox for MTF. IE8 still works good on comcast.net site, tv.com vote for Summer Glau. I still use IE8 for my emails, But everything else I have to use firefox. Its not a big deal, I run firefox on 1 monitor & IE8 on the other. Thats on XP Pro. Gary

·
Landscaping Nut
1,362 Posts
It automatically downloaded to one of my laptops. Then ie8 repeatedly asked to change my default search engine google to google. Couldn't figure how to stop that so had to go back to ie7.

Blocked in from installing on my newer laptop since not sure its a good thing based on first experience. Glad its working for some.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts