My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have what I Believe is a 1961 IH 3414 gas tractor. It will not run unless dumping fuel directly into carburator throat. The fuel pump is working and pumping fuel. What I believe I discovered is a stuck down accelerator pump in which I can not get free. What I do not understand is how the tractor can run so, well and then all of a sudden the accel pump sticks and will not come free no matter how much PB Blaster, prying and plyers it is stuck hard ?
Second I am looking in vain for a carb rebuild kit in which everyone says there should be a brass tag in which there is not. From a IH parts manual it calls the Carburetor assy part# 063 945 R91

Stamped on Body
British Zenith Vn
C1836
D.63
and what appears to be a P ?
Thanks for anyb Help Chuck S.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,393 Posts
With the accelerator pump that would be a british Zenith VNN carb.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I found this thread through a google search. I know it's a few years old, but my problem is identical; the pump piston is seized and I have to pour gas in carb for my tractor to run. I also have a 1962 IHB414, so probably close to the same as you. My emulsion block also has one screw seized/stripping, so I can't remove it to clean the main jets on bottom.

how did you make out with your's? were you ever able to get that piston free and re-use it? I see some guys claim they soak it and it eventually loosens up and works.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts