My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been browsing around here and found out the builder of my Dayton is MTD and am trying to find a model number of my store brand m ower.

I will get pictures up tonight but here are some details. it is a Dayton with a 16 HP briggs and stratton, has a 4speed manual, I think it is a 46 inch deck ( has 2 22 inch blades and a smaller third one) has no auxillary PTO or 3 point hook ups that I see. Also has the square headlights. The model that is printed is 3Z715C-E0630.

I need to get serveice parts for this mower at this time and the shops around here do not know what a Dayton is. So i am trying to find the MTD equivalent to order parts.

Matthew

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay so pictures will be posted tonight but the info from the link to Jacks small engines and the data I pulled off the engine the code is 81111712 so it is an 81 if I read right. I did not think this one was that old. But as I said pics tonight.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
looks like the rims are on inside out?

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
Looks like a 800 series GT, For parts just go to a dealer and tell them you have a MTD the give them model and serial number and then they can find parts for it.

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Looks like a 800 series GT, For parts just go to a dealer and tell them you have a MTD the give them model and serial number and then they can find parts for it.
Ya, the frame is the same as mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
HUGH SS/16 you know I always wondered why the valve stems are on the inside of the wheel maybe this is why.

So far a lot of the repair shops here have not been able to figure out the model number on this one. I guess it is a grainger number instead of a standard MTD model number.

It has been a good mower for me for the last two years my biggest problem is it has stripped the steering gear in the left turn direction. I just need to source a gear for it and this one would be set.

Matthew

·
Murray tractor owner
2,672 Posts
HUGH SS/16 you know I always wondered why the valve stems are on the inside of the wheel maybe this is why.

So far a lot of the repair shops here have not been able to figure out the model number on this one. I guess it is a grainger number instead of a standard MTD model number.

It has been a good mower for me for the last two years my biggest problem is it has stripped the steering gear in the left turn direction. I just need to source a gear for it and this one would be set.

Matthew
go to partstree.com and type in your model number it will give you all the parts and the part numbers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It looks like you and I have the same tractor. have you been able to find any information on it? I just bought mine, and the only thing different is the color. Mine is the burnt gold color.

Patrick

·
Registered
579 Posts
i have the same tractor, it is tough as nails, my only complaints are the stamped steel front axle ( mine is getting replaced with cast iron)
and the bolted frame. ( mine is getting reinforced)
other then that, it's great.
the wheels are not backwards there reversible, for plowing,

pulled a couple small stumps with mine last summer,

btw:the rod at the back,holding the gas tank in, it's for a sleeve hitch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
your mower is the same design as my 1985 lgt-1610 white lawn tractor. model no. 145-822-190 . 1980 ranch king same also. mower deck is 2 blade side discharge 44inch cog belt timed. model no. 195-935-190 steering shaft pinon gear is part no. 948-0237 sector steering gear is 748-0236 sector gear shaft bushings 941-0490 . my original mower deck rusted out. converted murrys 46 inch deck to it, but original one sucked grass up better. mtd parts co. 1-800-800-7310 ph. no. can get you parts

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
your mower is the same design as my 1985 lgt-1610 white lawn tractor. model no. 145-822-190 . 1980 ranch king same also. mower deck is 2 blade side discharge 44inch cog belt timed. model no. 195-935-190 steering shaft pinon gear is part no. 948-0237 sector steering gear is 748-0236 sector gear shaft bushings 941-0490 . my original mower deck rusted out. converted murrys 46 inch deck to it, but original one sucked grass up better. mtd parts co. 1-800-800-7310 ph. no. can get you parts
did you notice how old this thread is?
Interestingly I got an 814 with no deck and tried to run a 39" murray/noma deck but didn't realize it and used the 5/8 belt and the tractor pulley was made for 1/2 mtd belt. I broke the pulley. I finally got the correct 44" deck and was able to weld up the pulley.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts