My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MTF Member Since Day 1
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This JD push mower is going to be auctioned off this Sunday and I would like to look up the specs, I know nothing about JD push mowers.

Thanks

·
4,275 Posts
TD, I don't know much about it either but it looks to be in good shape.
If you want it to mow with, and it works as good as it looks, go for it.

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
Looks nice. I'm trying to figure out what engine it has?? Looks to be a two cycle Briggs.

I can say this...Its not a 14SB. Same deck etc but the engine is not a Kawasaki four cycle.
If it is a Briggs two cycle, that would explain why its in such great shape....the owner couldn't get it started......

·
MTF Member Since Day 1
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone. I really was hoping that was a Kawa engine. I'm going over early on Sunday so hopefully I can get a chance to run it first.

·
Registered
3,757 Posts
good luck getting it started-if it has the walbro carb-there is hope. if has mikuni carb-no hope. i tossed 3 :perfectlygood: briggs 2 cycl ,s out cause they were impossiable to start but mine all had mikuni carbs.

·
Decesaed (R.I.P.)
1,957 Posts
Mine has the Walbro, non-adjustable in any way, but it's a Walbro

Very solid engine, kind of reminds me of a Honda as far as the block. I can hot the choke and it'll fire up 1 or 2 pulls. It's BBC, that's what I don't like about it.

·
MTF Member Since Day 1
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well it was a 12 PB and they auctioned it as a running lawn mower, the person who got it was trying to start it when I left, kinda felt sorry for them but they only paid $35.00 for it, maybe they will give the money back for it not running.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts