My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings John Deere Buds

I'm looking for a application to apply on my snow blower to protect in this summer storage and for easy snow blowing next winter.

I have applied car waxes in the past and left on for maximum protection.

I hear on my motorcycle web-site about a wax made by Turtle Wax called "Ice" that is clear and is invisible if left on.

Anyone use this product or can you give me some other protection ideas?

Cheers!

·
Three of my friends
9,006 Posts
KATT is the forum resident on ICE WAX, he uses it on all his tractors.

·
322 jd. with loader
386 Posts
i've also used it on my car's and my tractors so far i'm pleased with it over last 2 yrs . where Biker wrote out name of it . I clicked it and it took me to sly-bay......and this popped up (wrong maker) there's was called this.....Pedros Ice Wax 2.0 Ice Wax 2.0 ...1 Gallon daily special for only $92.00
this should be enough to cover your X720 i believe

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...1 Gallon daily special for only $92.00
this should be enough to cover your 720 i believe
Or I could ask my cell mate of 48 years if I could purchase another tractor. :woohoo1:

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Any wax on the outside and spray silicone on the inside Mike.Been using that method on my JD1032 walk behind for years.There are some pretty good scratches down to bare metal from gravel and no rust yet.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any wax on the outside and spray silicone on the inside Mike.Been using that method on my JD1032 walk behind for years.There are some pretty good scratches down to bare metal from gravel and no rust yet.

I hear ya about scratches.

I'm in the process of touching-up some scratches I
have with JD yellow paint that's left over from painting my use winter rims w/AGs I purchased last fall.

Wonder were I got so fussy on my equipment in my old age. :dunno:

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Hi mike Yeah just slap the Ice on the whole snow bower ( after paint touch-up) plastic , and pulleys ( not the belt ) decals black auger, body, chute ( #44 has plastic chute) ...everywhere.
I ice it late fall ( installation ) Ice detailer ( anytime it is warm) and spring when i put it away
Wiping it off ( polishing) makes it shinier but you won't see what you don't .
If Ice isn't going to send me a check, then how about some free product ?:bananapow:bananapow

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If Ice isn't going to send me a check, then how about some free product ?:bananapow:bananapow
Thanks Katt,

A little reimbursement from turtle wax would be nice.
I look for some tomorrow.............:thThumbsU

·
Registered
144 Posts
I would recommend caution using silicone as it seems to get everywhere and is the bane of painting. If you do use it spray in a well ventilated area and dispose of any rags used. Just my $.02 worth.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wiping it off ( polishing) makes it shinier but you won't see what you don't .
One more question if I may.

Can I let this ice wax on my snow blower without wiping it off?

Reason for asking is I heard it dries on the oily side, which I would think would collect dust and dirt.......... :dunno:

OK, maybe I'm being to picky here.

·
GO TIGERS!
1,210 Posts
Well I'll be giving it a try, just reported to the "Wax" thread, I found some ICE at the Kmart that is closing, $8.40 for the paste. The 729 need a bath in the worst way, then I will be ICEing it down! Wish me luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts