My Tractor Forum banner
  • We have a new contest celebrating your backyard. Sponsored by Walmart, its your chance to win a $400 gift just in time for the 4th of July! HERE Contest Ends on the 30th.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this board last week and I want to tell everyone here how much I like it.
Last week I purchased a new i1046 and it is great and I like it a lot.
But after about one half hour of use I started it back up after lunch, and I can not get the blade to start in the normal mowing mode.
If I put the ignition switch in the reverse mode and push the yellow reverse button, the Electric PTO works fine for the blades.
Has anyone else had this trouble before and is it a easy fix or I have to take it in for repair. I do not like the idea of a new piece of equipment failing the first hour of owning it. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Maybe check the reverse safety switch? Check underneath, work the reverse pedal and watch for where the paddle presses against the 'push-button' switch. This is what deactivates the PTO when you mash the reverse pedal.

Joel

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joel, Thanks for the tip. I went out and pulled the six wire plug from the RCM Module and the the PTO worked. So I checked the wires in the connector that I removed from the RCM module,and found the reverse switch was grounded. I adjusted it and all is fine at the ranch again.
I want to give you a big thanks Joel for the perfect catch on this. :thanku:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Joel, Thanks for the tip. I went out and pulled the six wire plug from the RCM Module and the the PTO worked. So I checked the wires in the connector that I removed from the RCM module,and found the reverse switch was grounded. I adjusted it and all is fine at the ranch again.
I want to give you a big thanks Joel for the perfect catch on this. :thanku:
I know this is old and a long shot you'll even see it but I'm running into this exact problem. Can you explain what exactly you did to fix it?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts