My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I can look (website) at the electrical schematic for an i1042 ZTT?

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts
Hi Mark,

I would bet the tractor service manual (for sale at the Cub Cadet website) has a schematic in it. I haven't yet shelled out the $25 for it so I can't say for sure. I've only downloaded the free *operators* manual there, which does not have a schematic.

If there is a website out there with the service manual for free, they're probably violating some MTD copyright. Not saying it's impossible, just probably why it's hard to find.

As it turns out you can find the ignition system schematic in the *engine* service manual, free for download at the Kohler website.

I guess on a tractor like this about the only electrical content besides the ignition system is the headlights, so the ignition system schematic might be enough for your purposes depending on what you're trying to do.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Paul for the quick reply & info. What was happening was after I initiated the reverse mowing capability, it would drop out (red led would go out) for no apparent reason. Just wanted to look at that feature & the pto circuit to see how things worked.

·
Registered
66 Posts
It's odd that Cub Cadet only puts the schematics on their parts site for some of the models. Maybe it's only for models that have been introduced recently (last 2 years)? I grabbed the one for my SLTX1050 when I bought it, but many models don't have the schematic available for free on the Cub Cadet site. :(

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Jim.

·
Tech Nerd Tractor Convert
1,388 Posts
Wow, way to revive a 4-year old thread! Thanks for posting that, jimbir.

I checked it against the "Cub Cadet Workshop Service Repair Manual for i1042 i1046 i1050". Differences are that the schematic in that manual has a 12v cig lighter outlet shown, includes circuit numbers, and has some different part numbers. But other than those few things they are pretty much the same.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Understood, thanks Paul. Who needs a quick reply, I appreciate it even 4-years later! lol Take care!

·
RER Owner
8 Posts
The only reason I came upon this thread was I was looking for the schematic. Figured I'd get back if I found anything.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, rcbe!
Much appreciated.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts