My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Too young to act this old
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, the holiday season is here! Haven't even had time to check in here for a few days. Got an email a week or so ago from a guy who's father passed and wanted to know if I would be interested in 2 110's, 64-66 range with blower and deck. One being a parts machine and the other having a transmission problem. He also asked what they would be worth. I sent him an email back with my and in general price range depending on condition and attachments. He got right back to me and said the one was in parts to restorable condition. He said he would get back to me which took another email from me to get some pictures. This thing had me as soon as I saw the single notch wheel weights and head lights. Hooray!! Today my boys and I loaded up the family truckster and drove the 1 1/2 south and came back with these.

I paid a fair price based on the work needed to make the complete one useable/restorable. When I got home I put some gas in the tank, hooked up the battery pack and she started right up. I still don't know if the trans has a problem or not. But, I do know the clutch came unhooked from the variator. That will have to be dealt with first. Oh yeah, they came with an "Original" cab too. The complete machine is a 1965 and the parts machine is a 1966. Lots of odds and ends too. I almost forgot, a Deere dethatcher too.

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
The one on the drivers side has the correct seat, but has the added backrest to it. Neato!! Congrats!

·
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, the parts machine has the correct seat. Was the backrest a possible Deere accessory? As I dinged around with the one in the garage, I found a cool thing attached..........HELPER SPRING!!!! I almost feel guilty now. The only thing the guy asked me for was some pictures when it is done. This should be a good candidate next summer.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Boy you guys are picking these old John Deere's up all over the place. I think there are about 8 John Deere's in the state of Georgia and have 2 of them. :crybaby:

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Ok all you guys from Georgia, I want you to report to me on every old John Deere you see and pin point just where it is. Now that's a order. Dismissed :banghead3

·
Banned
1,879 Posts
Show off!:trink40: NICE stuff!

·
GANG GREEN GIZMOW KILLER!
1,244 Posts
Yeah, the parts machine has the correct seat. Was the backrest a possible Deere accessory? As I dinged around with the one in the garage, I found a cool thing attached..........HELPER SPRING!!!! I almost feel guilty now. The only thing the guy asked me for was some pictures when it is done. This should be a good candidate next summer.
I think it was.

But I disremember if Im thinking Deere or Economy on this one.:dunno:

I have some of each so the line between green and orange gets blurred sometimes.

Either way Ill give you $1.87 for it if you dont want it.:fing32:

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
I don't think the backrest is from Deere but it is cool and I would keep it with the tractor and include it in a resto. The narrow front wheels with the goodyear diamond tread tires and the headlight's and single notch weights are a real nice find. BILL

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
Congrats and good luck with your restore. slkpk

·
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all. I may get into the clutch yet tonight, but we'll see. That is aright area with a lot of tension. My wounds have not fully healed from the '64 that had a variator issue. I sold that to my nieces husband for him to restore. I will have to share a few parts from this pair for his task.

·
Premium Member
9,805 Posts
Ah, envy! I hope to have a round fender someday.

·
Premium Member
8,211 Posts
are the helper springs hard to find or something? Both of my square fenders have them....

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nice find! I love the old Round Fenders! Adam

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Orange............I know for a fact that there are two nice COLLECTIONS in Georgia. One being in the Atlanta Area and the other being in the Columbus area. I have personally seen the one in Columbus. He has a totally restored 110 and 140 with a loader on it. Those two dont see much use but he has a BLACK 332 and a 317 that is painted like a yellow Patio. He has a LOT of the Brinly attachments that he has restored. He is a regular poster on the WFM board.

You need to get you a green machine with a moldboard and come play in the dirt with us this spring in North Alabama.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts