My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I bought two more, a 10400 that has a "star" in the deck from hitting a rock & a 8255 d engine machine. I didn't notice the problem in the 10400 until I got it home. My kids learned some new four letter words! The D engine machine was $5 and it ran when I got it home. The same guy has a rusty mulch-r -catch I can get for the same price. I may go back.

I'll post pics later just for kicks. Nothing to get excited about.

-DAVE

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats Not so bad. Ive got a crack like that on one of my decks. Nice machines. You did good!
It's not affecting the function or safety in a very significant way. I imagine if you were to hit another rock and it happened to hit that same area it may break through? Hard to say. I bought it to resell, which is something I promised myself I wasn't going to do anymore. LBAD strikes again!

-Dave

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
...I bought two more, a 10400 that has a "star" in the deck from hitting a rock & a 8255 d engine machine. I didn't notice the problem in the 10400 until I got it home. My kids learned some new four letter words! The D engine machine was $5 and it ran when I got it home. The same guy has a rusty mulch-r -catch I can get for the same price. I may go back.

I'll post pics later just for kicks. Nothing to get excited about.

-DAVE
Get that Mulch-R-Catch. They are nice machines IMHO..... when the decks aren't rusted through..... Does the Mulch-R-Catch that the guy has have a deck that's rusted through, or does it just have some surface rust?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get that Mulch-R-Catch. They are nice machines IMHO..... when the decks aren't rusted through..... Does the Mulch-R-Catch that the guy has have a deck that's rusted through, or does it just have some surface rust?
I don't know. It was rusty on the sides. I didn't check the underside very closely. It was worth $5 but not much more. It has less value than that to me because I don't have the room.

-Dave

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dad has one, really is nice for trimming.

Dave how many mowers are you up to now?
It's nice but I like my 5271 d600 better. I don't know how many mowers I have. I'd say about fifty more than I want.

-Dave

1 - 14 of 14 Posts