My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Passed Away, Sept. 2013
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

This is not pretty, but it might work....needed to convert my tow-behind dethatcher to 3 pt. Was going to try it under load today, but got rained out and I think the grass needs to be dryer for dethatching. As I mentioned in response in another thread, this is four slices of a bed frame, a piece of a chopped up weight machine from the free bin at a garage sale and what used to be the tow bar. Credit and thanks to others herein whose names escape me, but whose ideas I borrowed.

Bryan

·
Mike is imneverlast
5 Posts
That is awesome man. post the results when you get a chance to use that, i'd really like to see them.

I don't have a tractor, i am trying to think of a way to build a dethatching add on to my old school Ariens tiller though. Up till seeing your picture here I was on the track of making a set of new tines that has these type thatching pins rather than tiller blades and I was considering bike spokes.

after seeing your set up here I may change that whole idea and just make a stationary bar like yours with a solid axle ad some harbor freight wheels with adjustable height so i can just drive the machine with the tines in neutral and the drive wheels would pull the whole rig around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts