My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Same thing here....in May I got a bunch of lime from a demo job my friend was doing, taking down an old garden center...so I applied "liberally".....then I fertilized and got some rain.....I cut the lawn the day before I went away for 2 weeks ....after about 8 or 9 days my wife was looking at our RING doorbell App on her phone and asked if I hired someone to cut the lawn...she saw someone cutting the grass....it had gotten so high my brother in law decided to come and cut ...just the front......when I got home the back lawn was like a tropical rain forest and the front was longer than I usually let it grow.....it looks great for now, but it needs to be mowed and it is 86*...going into the 60s tonight and for he rest of the weekend, so going to wait ...but this is the time of year when the lawn looks great and the delicate balance of sun and water becomes a battle of wits ...usually heat and humidity win and everyone's lawns take on that brown / red color for a few weeks...I am trying watering every other day now for 20 minutes each zone...hope I win the battle this year...good luck to the others in the same boat;)

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
If you want a green lawn clover interferes with those flowers that grow in it...some are white and some are yellow....easy to get rid of with a spot application of ortho Weed B Gone

1 - 3 of 3 Posts