My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats Rickkop !

I have the EXACT same tractor. I was probably as excited as you seem in the beginning too, but have come to the realization that this tractor has many downfalls. Whatever you do... DO NOT buy the bagger attachment. It is pretty much worthless as it clogs up with the smallest amount of grass clippings. I have even gone as far as spraying the chute with cooking oil (as suggested by others) and it works for about 15 minutes.

Seems like my issues are vacuum related. I have tried 3 different sets of blades, power washed the bags for airflow, cleaned the underside of the deck and finally sprayed the chute with Pam. Nothing seems to work. It's almost as if I need to give it more throttle to increase the RPM's, but the throttle is already at its highest point?

My next option will be to try some Gatorblades, remove the bagger and go back to mulching. Oh well, what's another $75...

I do like the zero turn aspect and it is a comfortable ride... only wish i could cut grass with less hassle.

JAB

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the advise Toolin. I can't wait to get this bagger off and put the gator blades on.

Could you possibly give me some more insight on the governor adjustment. How easy is it? What tools are needed? where is it located?

Thanks a bunch...

JAB

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow, THANKS Toolin !! :thanku:

Now that is message board service at its finest :fing32:

I am going to attempt adjusting the high speed screw and put the gator blades on this weekend.

Would you recommend sharpening and balancing the gator blades before install, or are they usually tuned out of the box?

This i1046 better be a grass cutting machine after this weekend!

JAB

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.