My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I set it to where I wanted it, was fine till I turned the wheels lock to lock.
Now, the spinner knob is not where I but it on the wheel.
I put it on the wheel at 7/8 o'clock.
At times, it my be at 1 o'clock, 3 o'clock, 5 o'clock.
I have power steering, could that be the culprit?

·
Registered
716 Posts
This is how JD power steering works, it not true power steering like in a car. Mine changes position every time I use it. Nature of the beast you'll have to get use to it or take it off.
It works really great for blowing snow.

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply.
I kinda thought it was the power steering that was giving me the problem.
I hope this ain't to gayish, but I may put on 2 spinner knobs:eek:mg::sidelaugh

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
You'll get used to it:trink40: slkpk

·
Registered
501 Posts
LOL... I just put one on yesterday and the same thing happened to me. But after the realization of what was going on, I accepted it for what it was. After a little use, I've come to love it. It makes turning so easy.

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It makes turning so easy.
Most defiantly it does, as if it was hard to steer in the first place:biglaugh:
The knob keeps me from palming the wheel so to speak.
If I've said it a million times, I will say it again, I will never buy a new rider with out power steering.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Power steering + spinner knobs, what a bunch of namby pamby's. :sidelaugh:sidelaugh:sidelaugh Wish I had PS on my X340.:hide:

·
Has anyone seen ChimChim?
6,553 Posts
I even went back and asked the service guys and I said "Hey guys I put a suicide knob on my X748" and before I could finish the sentence the guy says "And it won't stay lined up!"

:)

There are no physical "locks" on the steering column shaft, so when you hit the hydraulic lock, it will go past that point if you push more. Pain in the arse!

·
Retired Super Moderator - Deceased September 2015
26,679 Posts
Gentlemen, we have finally found a minor FLAW! :sidelaugh:sidelaugh

·
6,553 Posts
I can point out a few more flaws...

It doesn't have a turbo! :)

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can't believe I'm the first one to start a thread about this minor glitch:sidelaugh
It's now settled, my Deere steering wheel will have 2 spinner knobs:aetsch::eek:

·
6,553 Posts
I say do four... at 13 bux a pop, it's probably the cheapest thing Deere sells! Heck I paid more for my Hat! And with 4, one is bound to always be on top!

:D

·
Banned
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Brett, I think 2 is going to look bad enough:bannana:
But 4, might be over kill, for me though, maybe not for some other peeps:biglaugh:

·
Banned
587 Posts
If you have looked closely, you will notice on your lawn/garden tractor, you don't have a power steering pump, nor a steering selector with with fluid lines running to it. In other words, you just have a hydraulic steering value/cylinder assist. These lawn/garden units really don't have a true power steering as we all know that has been used in automobiles and trucks, etc. There is nothing wrong with the way it's installed, it just works different when you have the steering wheel stop in various turns..lock to lock. And most often it will never be in the same place each time.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Spinner Knob???? I just use my left index finger to turn.
Maybe Mark is afraid of breaking a nail or something, you never know about those Illini guys J/k :trink39: Here in IA we only need our pinky finger.
:fing32:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts