My Tractor Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The rides change with the times, but the pursuit remains the same. Cool stuff, thanks for the pics, Mikey :tango_face_glasses:
You got that Ellis, from old hot rodders to Focus people, we all enjoy the same thing!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Did everyone burn rubber pulling out of the parking lot like they do from the Cars & Coffee events and Mustang shows?
I didn't see or hear any do that, it was kind of a steady stream of people in and out all day. It was hard to even talk over the hot rods, they were cool to see but hope they don't "double book" the motorplex like they did this year

·
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Long time no update, but I got the engine cover back from dipping and installed it. The guy said it was a royal pain, took 3 attempts, but he was happy it turned out great. I think it looks great in there, nice contrast with the black

I also purchased tires to go with the rims, as well as got a deal on TPMS sensors. I am taking a weekend trip to Kalamazoo this weekend to finally pick up the rims and tires and bring them home, just in time for winter sadly :(. It will be a long wait for spring

·
Super Moderator
10,904 Posts
I just caught all of the hot hatch pics at the car show. Some wild machines! I like your carbon fiber engine cover. Very nice. There may still be a small window left to do a little cruising after you get your wheels, and tires on before the snow.

Have a great trip!

·
Premium Member
10,390 Posts
Nice update Mikey!! Cover looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thanks guys, what a trip it was! Saw one of the strangest things of my wife. My friend Dawn and I were crusing down I-94 and I saw an SUV being followed by the police. Turned out it was a chase and we saw it roll infront of us. On finding the video online you can see my car on the bottom left hand corner. Here is the link

https://wwmt.com/news/local/teen-leads-deputies-in-pursuit-rolls-car-over-on-i-94

Boland's tire in 3 Rivers Michigan managed to fit me in to get everything mounted with the TPS sensors to bring it all back. The whole trip went very smoothly and we had a lot of fun. Besides visiting we went to Hop Cat Brewery in Kalamazoo which is known for it's spiced "Cosmic" fries, and man they were as good as described

I also attached a couple pictures of a "government" job I did when I was told to keep busy. A lot of people like the ST style emblem, so they create them for the SE model cars. They want a lot of money for 3D printed plastic, so I said I can probably figure this out. I found a program called Inkscape that can turn a picture into a bitmap that can be exported to a DXF CAD file. From there I redrew the logo over top of it as a template to create the ST logo. A bit more tinkering and I had it converted to an SE logo. Took about 4 hours total to do it, and I had them laser cut out of 14ga #4 brushed stainless steel since we had leftovers at work. They turned out quite well (the white covering is just protective). Total cost, about $15 dollars per emblem and I can say I managed to do it myself. I made a couple spare sets in case someone likes them

That will be the last road trip of 2019 sadly. Can't wait for 2020

·
Administrator
7,067 Posts
Man, that must've been nuts realizing you were in the middle of a police chase and then seeing the truck roll in front of you!! Glad he didn't drive into you or something like that.

Wheels look good and nice work on the creation! It's always rewarding when you can create something like that yourself. :fing32:

Thanks for the pics, looks like you've got some nice company too!

·
Super Moderator
10,904 Posts
I'm sure that wasn't the kind of excitement you were looking for, Mikey. Glad you, and your friends had a good trip. It's always nice to sample a local brewery too.
I really like your new wheels, and tires. The wheels are the perfect shade of gray. And nice work on creating the emblems.:fing32:

·
10,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Thanks guys! Definitely have a great group there. I am very excited for the wheels, but it will be a long wait for spring sadly. It should look quite nice on the car tho I am hoping. Probably will have a few more changes for next year too :)

41 - 52 of 52 Posts