My Tractor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Awesome Mikey! That should look sharp! My Fusion is silver /black with red stripes in seats. I like it and a reason I bought it!
Looking forward to seeing it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Eric! That does sound like a sharp interior in your car, the red stripes sound nice. My seats are a grey and black layout, heck I've had the seat covers on so long I forget :sidelaugh:
Hello-Mikey and just read thru your thread...You have a nice car and have already started 'accessorizing' it....Go young man--GO!

We have a 2007 ==(actually my wife's) little 'work car' before she retired...Bought it from an elderly neighbor that couldn't drive anymore. A couple scrapes/scratches where he backed into stuff--but fixed all but one of those--very low miles when we bought it...that little 2.0L engine still get's 30 MPG on the road.:tango_face_angel: pushing 126 K on the odometer and still runs good. Amsoil fluid in eveything I own...

Why would we not use this for our bang-around/errand car?

Normal maintanance--three sets of disc pads/rotors once--on third set of tires. New struts and rear shocks last year--shoot.me-- I am still amazed @ her little 'scoot
car'--oh, this particular engine has the steel timing chain/gears--not a TB.

If it doesn't move for a week or a month --it doesn't owe me anything....:tango_face_devil:

glenn
Thanks for the kind word Glenn, sounds like a great little car! Seems everyone almost has had a Focus or knows someone that loves one. For a good cheap car they couldn't be beat, sadly until the MK2 having transmission issues (even tho it was a standard fluid filled) and then the MK3 as everyone knows about killed the vibe of them

I run factory oil and filters in it, I figure it's better than how many people just don't change it :sidelaugh:. I actually don't know if this one uses the belt or chain, will cross that bridge when I get there
Those accents will give it a more sinister feel inside. :fing32:

A big +1 to that.
Thanks Austen, should give it some more pop

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

·
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Got the call that the parts were finished Tuesday so I rushed over on my lunch and made it back with 2 minutes to spare!

Woke up early on Wednesday because I couldn't sleep so said why not be productive, slapped in everything except the steering wheel cover because it needed to be taped om and the shift cover because I needed the 2 screws I dropped. Got a call later in the day that the screws were in so got those and the 3M Molding tape and got it all ready. Woke up early today and tossed it all together along with the better looking HVAC knobs, to say I'm happy with it is an understatement. Once I pick up the engine cover in 2 weeks (it won't be dipped for Focusfest tho) I will send it off to be dipped to match

Hit the horn at 7am by accident, sorry neighbors :sidelaugh:

·
Premium Member
10,392 Posts
Nice Mikey! I like the look!

·
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nice Mikey! I like the look!

Thanks Eric, I am blown away how well it turned out. Makes it look nuch note fancy than a college student sedan

·
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I've been pretty quiet on the forum lately due to being busy, however last Thursday and Friday I spent both nights after work cleaning up the Focus. Saturday I made my way to Dearborn Michigan to finally meet John, my long time Focus friend. I met him along with 2 other Focus guys we know in Michigan and had a blast. I cleaned the inside, outside, used a synthetic clay bar mitt and waxed it. I've never done anything more than wash it so it was a learning curve but I am so happy I did it. We went for lunch and then went to the pre meet Hayden had planned before the Mid Michigan Focus meet in Detroit. The meet ended up being cancelled so we caravaned to an all cars meet in Walled Lake. Put about 100 miles on the car. Tomorrow evening I leave home and head for Focus Fest St. Louis! The trip there will be in 3 lengths, tomorrow I head to John's in Kalamazoo, then we head to Rebel Devil Customs in Noblesville Indiana to pick up his car and then finally St. Louis by late Thursday!

Here are a few pictures of the car cleaned up and the little lunch meet

·
Premium Member
10,392 Posts
Mikey nice detail job! You are catching on. Soon you will be buffing like me! Lol

·
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Thanks guys, the show was an absolute blast! The whole week I had a wonderful time, from last minute parts installed Wednesday on JD's car, to the actual show events. My group of friends made out very well winning a total of 7 awards. I didn't win any awards but did come home with something unexpected from the raffle, Bavar racing wheels. I left Saturday so I gave my raffle tickets to my friends since it was Sunday and said to put them in whatever my car needed. They put them in everything else and 1 in the wheels, sure enough that was all I won. 1 in 1300 shot to win. I will attach some pictures of my car followed by all the other pictures I took

·
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
They had a Ford Fiesta lego building competition that we got entered into, myself and 2 strangers from Colorado got 3rd place out of 6

The Mustang was the first run on the strip of the day and hit both walls. Thankfully no one was injured and the driver walked away with very minor injuries.

That's all the pictures from the event, any questions please feel free to ask!

·
Premium Member
10,392 Posts
That's great you won those rims! Those cars are sweet! Even a big rig! Cool man, too bad the Mustang found the track too slick!

·
Administrator
7,075 Posts
Right on man, glad you had a good time!! Thanks for posting all the pictures, it's interesting to see how everyone modifies their Focus.

Sweet deal on the rims! Score!! :thThumbsU What a great and unexpected win! I'll bet you're stoked!! :tango_face_smile:

·
Administrator
14,877 Posts
The rides change with the times, but the pursuit remains the same. Cool stuff, thanks for the pics, Mikey :tango_face_glasses:

·
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
That's great you won those rims! Those cars are sweet! Even a big rig! Cool man, too bad the Mustang found the track too slick!
Thanks Eric! Glad you enjoyed the pictures. I am quite excited on the rims, going to start looking into tires

The mustang really was tragic. We found online that he had just installed the turbo set up and got it running August 10th before the show :(

·
10,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Right on man, glad you had a good time!! Thanks for posting all the pictures, it's interesting to see how everyone modifies their Focus.

Sweet deal on the rims! Score!! :thThumbsU What a great and unexpected win! I'll bet you're stoked!! :tango_face_smile:
Thanks Austen! Glad you enjoyed the pictures. I knew you had quite a bit of interest in the show so thought others may as well

I am quite happy about the wheels. I would never buy anything like that for myself, nor am in a position to, so after some rough luck this year it really lifted my spirits that's for sure. Waiting on paperwork from the company that donated them then I can bring them across the border

21 - 40 of 52 Posts