My Tractor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have about a dozen Lawn Boy's I would like to get rid of before spring. I'll make a list and if you see one that interests you, just PM me. Most run, and if they don't they are pretty close. The one Gold Series is locked up, but the rest are good. I don't want to list prices because I'm not good at that. If you want a price, just ask and I'll come up with something. The more you buy, the better deal you will get. I can deliver within 50 miles or so.

-1972 LB "MAG 19" model 5239A (runs)
-1977 LB model 7260G (no spark...have new coil, points, etc. to go with it)
-1978 LB model 7229 (runs)
-1978 LB model 7268 (needs engine put back on deck)
-1987 LB model 7073 (ran in 2010...needs crank seals)
-1989 LB model L21ZSN (runs and drives)
-1991 LB model L21ZPN (needs flywheel brake cable...deck is pretty rusty)
-1994 LB model 10420 (all rebuilt, like new)
-1994 LB model 10520 (2 of these...both need work...one runs)
-1999 LB model 10247 (my old "daily driver")
-2000 LB model 10525 (needs engine and handle mounted to deck)

I'm not ready to part with my older machines yet, so don't ask.:fing32:
I have tons of parts to go with any of these machines as well. I just don't have time or money for finish all these projects.

·
Banned
864 Posts
Re: I need to thin the heard!

how much for the 10420? also :wwp: :wwp:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Alright alright. I'll try to dig up some pictures. I don't have pics of them all, but I have most. Most have been put up on the forum at one time or another. The 10420 is the nicest mower I have...by far. I built it for a local guy who wanted it to be as "close to new as possible"...so that's what I built. I put over $425 in new parts in this thing and unless you really look close, it looks to be about a month old...but it's 18 years old. I know I am not going to get back what I put in it, but the best offer gets it. Hopefully in the $300 range. It's been on ebay a few times, but no one wants to come get it and everybody wants self-propelled. I don't want to ship and screw it up.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Pictures! Some of these are old. The 7229 (the greasy one with no discharge plate) looks much better now. The 7268 is the twin to the 7229, but has less paint on the deck. I don't have pictures of the others yet.

Attachments

·
Banned
864 Posts

WOW that 10240 is nice! how much?

is it a OBO thing?

Kori

·
Frame Swapped '88 322
1,263 Posts

Wow awesome Lawn-Boys!!!!!! Nice 10420, how much for the 5239A, and the 7073? BTW, where in Pa are you located? If you don't mind me asking.

·
Registered
890 Posts

Alright alright. I'll try to dig up some pictures. I don't have pics of them all, but I have most. Most have been put up on the forum at one time or another. The 10420 is the nicest mower I have...by far. I built it for a local guy who wanted it to be as "close to new as possible"...so that's what I built. I put over $425 in new parts in this thing and unless you really look close, it looks to be about a month old...but it's 18 years old. I know I am not going to get back what I put in it, but the best offer gets it. Hopefully in the $300 range. It's been on ebay a few times, but no one wants to come get it and everybody wants self-propelled. I don't want to ship and screw it up.
So what was the deal with the 10420? I assumed the guy stiffed you after you put the money in it?

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

So what was the deal with the 10420? I assumed the guy stiffed you after you put the money in it?
Exactly. There was only a "verbal agreement" between us and after I got it finished...the day he was supposed to come pick it up, he decided he couldn't afford it and I got stuck with it.

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,821 Posts

Best way to thin the herd is to stop breeding them!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

I haven't brought home any strays in about 2 months! It's a start.

And I just now realized that I misspelled the title of this thread! HAHA. Oops.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Note to the guys running this forum: I was not trying to violate the "FOR SALE/ WANTED" section...but it's getting pretty crowded in there and posts get lost very easily as well as posts overlapping and causing confusion. This was my attempt at cleaning out some of my items and trying to keep it organized. If this is a problem, please remove this thread.

·
Premium Member
22,112 Posts

No problem, Jimbird89. Besides, we put up the request after you had this posted. Just a request for future consideration. Thanks!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, guys...I still have ALL of these mowers and they need to go to better homes. I'm in the middle of transferring to a new job that would prevent me from having any free time. Please contact me if you want more info or want to come visit my collection. Make me offers on these, and don't be afraid to low-ball me...it's better then them sitting around here collecting dust.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
C'mon, guys. Make me an offer I can't refuse. I need to get rid of some stuff! I'm an easy guy to deal with.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hopefully some of the more local people chime in on this. Unfortunately too far away for me to consider. My wife yells at me for driving an hour to pick stuff up. Can't imagine the words driving from MO to PA.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I may be interested in the Mag19. I have one but its beat to **** and it may end up getting stripped down and the mag deck getting scrapped(it's cracked in 2 spots and is pretty rusty). Too bad you are only doing local pickup or I may be able to adopt one of your green children!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
If I still lived in PA, I would be there in a heartbeat. But Im back in my home state of KS now. I can't imagine you want to ship anything, nor would that make anything easy. But I might be open to it. I just have no clue how much it would cost.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hopefully some of the more local people chime in on this. Unfortunately too far away for me to consider. My wife yells at me for driving an hour to pick stuff up. Can't imagine the words driving from MO to PA.
Oh, I understand you there, bud!:fing32:

To you non-local guys...The only way I'd consider shipping would be to take the mower to the UPS store and have them pack it up and ship it. I smashed a nice 1986 Toro/Suzuki because I apparently didn't package it up well enough and I don't want something like that to happen again. I've never taken anything to the UPS store before, but I hear they can pretty much do everything for you.

LawnBoyKC, this MAG19 is pretty nice...other than the cosmetics. The deck is not cracked or even pitted really. All original green wheels, $200 in new parts, etc. Paint it and re-chrome the handle and it would be pretty!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, the 10420 and the 10247 are gone. They found good homes locally. Unfortunately, 2 old Snappers followed me home and parked in their places, so I haven't really made any progress cleaning up the garage.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.