My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my names mike and i have a wheelhorse c125 and i wnt to make it a dually and put stacks on it im also droping a 454 big block in it and extending the frame anyone no were i could get stacks for it

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
you dont need parts you need a small tractor smaller than the C125 like a lawn ranger

·
Wheel Horse Junkie!
158 Posts
Can't help you with the stacks but I think you are needing one more thing.......

A large insurance policy!

All joking aside......will be watching your build up. Sounds cool........please post pictures!

·
Old 'n Cheap
175 Posts
How tall is your grass????

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i just thot it would be a cool project. me and my friend are both diesel mechanics and i have some hook ups to get parts exept stacks and nitrous i know i can buy nitrous but i want some stacks for old red. im also putting a shortend car drive line and car tranny in it so its gunna be sweet as soon as im done ill upload some pics and a video of it. but for now i NEED stacks

·
Old 'n Cheap
175 Posts
Try the bigger truck stops..they usually have several. You may have to fit with an adapter from small to large. Might want to pick up some ear plugs too. :Stop: It is definitely a cool project. Good luck with it.

·
A semi-retired senior cit
2,132 Posts

·
GT Finatic
62 Posts
Sounds like you have quite a feat ahead of you you may need to try to extend it more than a little cause even with a shotened drive line with out an Over drive trans and all the works your still going to be over 6 or 7 feet just on drive line. Thats with vituallay one yoke in the trans and the other yoke in the rear butted up together wouldnt be much of a shaft. Better have the rear narrowed aswell it would look kinda funny with a big ole wide rear hanging out past the frame a couple feet on each side. As far as the stacks go I wouldnt run stacks if it were me Id go better get a set of DEC Headers Like the pulling trucks and V8 gas tractors mini rods ect use. They are like a stack and header into one but look twice as good as stacks. Basically a header flipped up side down but in stead of curving back the go straight up they come in various sizes 1 3/4in tubing collected into I believe a 3 or 4india Collector type out fit thats Probobly 4 or 5in in length. Then they have the same thing but with 2in pipes running into a 4in Collector type out fit 4 or 5in Tall not sure what the over all height is from the Flange to the tip of the collector but Id Guess there a little ove 36in Give or take. I believe you can get them in a Heat resistant Black Satin silver or Chromed Finish. Not sure about the prices youll Have to hunt for the web Site on possibly yahoo Summit or Jeggs May carry Them I dont recall. We get them and run them on pulling trucks and Demo Cars The last set we Got we got from ebay but those are the only one Ive had a hand in ordering my buddies have got the others from somewheres. I hope that helps some you can probobly search it on yahoo and I know something will come up with a few pics and some prices you may find them on ebay though as I did Thanks and Good luck and I mean it Cause I know how hard it is to rebuild the frame swap the rear put an engine on that no one says will evre work and make it look good and work better. Practice Cussing and the throwing of wrnches and wala its alive Good Luck Thanks Josh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts