My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Again: My new lawn I seeded last fall is growing great. So great in fact I need a "String Trimmer". There are so many brands out there that it kinda boggles my elderly mind. I have a small/average lawn. I've done some research and these are my wants:
Must be cordless and at least 20 volt.
The shaft must be adjustable because my wife is short :)
Must have a charger and at least one rechargeable battery.
Length of line/cutting area not an issue
It must be able to be used as an edger.
Thicker the line the better I suppose?
Must be easy to let out more line (with a cutter attached for proper length)
The spool should be easy to refill with line.
My cost limit is $70.00 US or $100 CAD

Please let me know of your recommendations. :)

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
The Black & Decker 20 volt battery operated one should fit you quite well. I have had one for over 5 years and for light duty work, such as what you plan on doing, it would work well. The battery recharges fairly quick and lasts for a long time. I am able to trim all around the house and sheds, all 40 some trees and edge the drive & sidewalk and not lose power. They run in price from around $70 to $100 USD.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I bought the Harbor Freight Lynxx model and it works very well. It has automatic line feed which is not always automatic. Otherwise the features you seek are all there. The battery is excellent and recharges very quickly.

Price is a little higher than your budget.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Black & Decker 20 volt battery operated one should fit you quite well. I have had one for over 5 years and for light duty work, such as what you plan on doing, it would work well. The battery recharges fairly quick and lasts for a long time. I am able to trim all around the house and sheds, all 40 some trees and edge the drive & sidewalk and not lose power. They run in price from around $70 to $100 USD.

I bought the Harbor Freight Lynxx model and it works very well. It has automatic line feed which is not always automatic. Otherwise the features you seek are all there. The battery is excellent and recharges very quickly.

Price is a little higher than your budget.
Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately Harbor Freight is not in Canada. I'm sorry I didn't say I live in Canada.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your reply. Would you happen to know the model # of your B&D trimmer?

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts