My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing a WR swap on to a Suzuki deck like Indy did here
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=149529

and need the very short 19" snapper blade adapter to mount the blaxe on the WR shaft at the correct height. If anyone has one, or a viable alternative, please post the info here, with pics or PM me directly.

I am hoping Indy will see this and post a side by side pics of the short blade adapter from the 19" versus the standard lone one form the 21".

Also I am working a way to keep the big Suzuki commercial tank with the WR 2 cycle. Wish me luck.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts

·
5K Poster!!!
5,141 Posts
For future reference in case someone else is looking, I'll post the pics of the two adapters.

The taller one was on the Snapper 21" and the shorter one is what is needed for the WR transplant to a Toro deck. The shorter one does come off a 19" aluminum Snapper I'm told....I can't remember what style I was just so excited to find one at the time I didn't pay attention.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thank you gentlemen ..that Snapper p/n 7012180 is just what I needed - doing a similar WR2/22040 swap just to see what all the WR2 excitement is about.. :D Hopefully done by spring.

Keeping the WR2's integrated tank will probably be easier. There's a steel tank support bracket and flywheel brake lever hidden beneath the WR's fuel tank that protrude into the space directly behind the engine shroud needed by the 22040's 1 gallon tank (plastic or steel). You can remove the WR tank and it's support platform, but the brake lever/shoe is connected beneath the flywheel, requiring flywheel removal to dismount the brake lever.

Hey Indy, looks like you scrapped the oem traction cable on your 22040 in that link and whipped up your own home-brewed traction control bar with threaded rod -great idea, care to elaborate on that. I assume it took some welding ?

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keeping the WR2's integrated tank will probably be easier. There's a steel tank support bracket and flywheel brake lever hidden beneath the WR's fuel tank that protrude into the space directly behind the engine shroud needed by the 22040's 1 gallon tank (plastic or steel). You can remove the WR tank and it's support platform, but the brake lever/shoe is connected beneath the flywheel, requiring flywheel removal to dismount the brake lever.
I was worried about this. You are further along in this than I am. The WR tank is failry large...hmmm. May be just keep it woul dbe easier-i'll give it the college try though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts