My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold a friend of mine a Jd 140 a few months ago. It needed a head,,he knew it and figured he could get one.
I talked to him a few days ago and he said he couldn't find one.

Not sure if this is the place to ask ,, but I'm looking for one for him now. lol

We both,,,, don't live far from Lennon,, so it is possible he already asked at Steiners.

I think that tractor is from the 70's. It is in very good shape really,,does anyone know what it is worth,,even needing a head?? Or lets say running in decent shape?? I'm trying to figure out how good of deal I really gave him.

·
MTF Advertiser
289 Posts
Hey, thanks for contacting us. Is that a lawn and garden model? We don't really do anything on the lawn and garden side, just for the larger farm tractors (2 cylinders mostly). I don't have any heads listed for this model and I'm not finding it in our data book either, so I assume it is a lawn and garden model.

Sorry I couldn't help, you might try posting this question in the lawn and garden forum here as most people won't follow a thread posted in this area (under Steiner specifically).

Thanks!

Elizabeth

·
The Admin from... Nowhere!
13,792 Posts
Hi Flash,

What would be very helpful would be to know a couple of other things about the 140 in question:

1. What year is it? This will determine what size of engine it has in it, which will help folks on here figure out whether they may have a donor head they could part with... You can get some of that info by checking the serial number plate on the machine and cross referencing it with TractorData.com.

2. Is it a 140H1 (only 1 hydraulic lever/ports) or a 140H3 (3 hydraulic levers/ports). This would help ascertain the value, and give your friend some idea about whether he'd want to spend the bucks to get a new head...

Hope this helps,

·
Young Buck
1,611 Posts

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Flash,

What would be very helpful would be to know a couple of other things about the 140 in question:

1. What year is it? This will determine what size of engine it has in it, which will help folks on here figure out whether they may have a donor head they could part with... You can get some of that info by checking the serial number plate on the machine and cross referencing it with TractorData.com.

2. Is it a 140H1 (only 1 hydraulic lever/ports) or a 140H3 (3 hydraulic levers/ports). This would help ascertain the value, and give your friend some idea about whether he'd want to spend the bucks to get a new head...

Hope this helps,

I will have to see if I can get some numbers off of it. It is definitely the lawn and garden version but I don't remember much about it ,,as far as details.

·
-
1,828 Posts
Head will probably still be available from John Deere. Head for my '69 Tecumseh is - $100.

Go here http://jdparts.deere.com and put in your model and then scroll down to the sectional index for the serial number. At least it'll give you the JD part number and then you can Google it or visit GreenFarmParts or another online vendor if you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts