My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a chew toy for my newest pup. he just turned a year old and is a chesapeake bay retriever, he can chew thru a golf ball in under 2 minutes. today i went and got him and my each a coconut to play with i figured this would last awhile, well one of them is gone and i dont feel like spending 3.00 a day on them. must be something healthy so my tractor tires and excavator buckets are out. any ideas, nylabones are out as well they dont hold upas press rawhide is a waste as well

·
Registered
609 Posts
Maybe some of the big cow bones? Nyla bones dont last long around here either, my one britt loves to grab pine cones from around the ground and chew em.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hi there Dennis OH - congrats on your newest pup.

- dogs can be easily trained, not to wreck their toys / much like one would expect from their 2 legged children

My dog AMY, has a generous supply of toy's and she has learned to be respectful of them all.
The stuffed ones I get at garage sales now for 25-50 cents each and she thinks their "her babies - from the animal kingdom".
Helps to give names to each toy, and she picks a favorite one each night, to take to bed with her.

----------------------
Beaumont { :>)) www.petperfectexpress.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1992 JD 318 original paint w/484 hr. on P218g Onan & #49 snow blower / 1998 JD GT262 w/brand new Kawasaki OHV & 48" rebuilt deck
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=135838

·
Banned
12,901 Posts
Maybe some of the big cow bones? Nyla bones dont last long around here either, my one britt loves to grab pine cones from around the ground and chew em.
My pups love those big bones.. just make sure to take em away when the bones get smaller from being chewed on cause the bones can splinter and produce sharp splinters..BUT they are cheap and NOT made of things you never want your dog to chew.. I know a fella that doesn't understand why his Great Dane likes to chew on his cabinets.. Well maybe its you let your dog chew on lumber in the shop.. DUH lol

·
Premium Member
1,307 Posts
My parent's latest lab puppy is the biggest chewer they've had. They found that Kong toys (the standard red ones) work well and have gotten her almost past the destructive chewing stage. This is the same pup I got a black Nylabone (the hard chewer type) for, and she had chunks off of it within an hour.

·
My Orange Jane Deere
3,358 Posts
Give it some good ol Bamboo. My dog would destroy anything. I have bamboo growing on my land, so I cut some 1' pieces for her and it last for a little while. She splits it, it is so hard she leaves no teeth marks in it. :thThumbsU

1 - 6 of 6 Posts