My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I started to clean out my attic to make some room to build mower racks that some of you have inspired me to build. I realized I had boxes in the garage itself I didn't know or remember what was in them. So I grabbed one that had some new white steel wheels in it, 2 sets. I knew they were there, because I bought them thinking I had some others already, but bought 5 more sets anyway. So I took the wheels out, set them aside, and threw the box in the recycle pile. I grabbed the next box, opened it up, and it was a brand new 2 1/2 gallon Lawn Boy gas can. Very nice! I took it out and tossed the box in the recycle pile. Next box was sort of small, and crushed up. It had 4 OE commercial orange wheels in it, used but in decent shape. May have come off the 6251 I restored. Okay, tossed the box, set the wheels aside with the white ones. I had 3 other boxes I knew were the stuff I need to clean up so I can put 3 Buttercups back together. Powdercoating is all done for them already. Gas tanks got ruined, but I have spares now.So I moved them to make some room. Next box, was full of more new white steel wheels! I knew I had some somewhere! I put all the other wheels I set aside with them. Then I noticed the 3050 deck I had stuffed in a corner, and its handle. And then looked over at the 3050 engine I had in a pile of Buttercup engines. So now I'm putting together a 3050. Oh, did I mention I was going to clean out the attic today??? Hey, there's a squirrel....

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
hahaha, sounds about like my progress sometimes. Also sounds like you have enough wheels to start a wheel store! You must have a LOT of LB stuff to be finding things you own and being suprised by what you found!

How long have you been collecting/restoring?

I haven't been into it that long, and it's hard to come by parts and mowers locally, so I don't have to worry to much about having a load of project machines around.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not all that long, really. A couple years? It was pretty awesome to find that gas can. Made my day!

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Seven or eight, I think. Quite a few. What I really should do is find someone or someplace to get some of the good looking old stock wheels I've taken off, like the mint green ones, drilled out and bushings pressed in them. I don't throw them away. I have a big box full of old wheels. Lots of them probably should be tossed. But I have lots that could be salvaged.

·
The Sea of Green Machines
4,767 Posts
When the sun gets finished ROASTING my arse maybe I can get back into it myself and give you some more spark AL....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts