My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
deerhed
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as many of you know a few months ago I sold my 316 and bought a 2005 Ingersoll 3016. after I sold the 316 I was planning on getting another Deere but I spotted this 3016 on CL with 65 hrs on it and for the price I could not pass it up.
Initially I was just gonna flip it but as the weeks passed I realized these Case/Ingersoll's are not as easy to sell as the green and yellow tractors! Most people simply do NOT know what an Ingersoll is! My Firefox Spellcheck doesn't even know what INGERSOLL is!!! LOL
So... I eventually decided to keep the Ingersoll as it is a GREAT tractor and one of the only "Other" brands out there that IMHO can compare to JD.
I am still a JD guy at heart though (With a tinge of Case/Ingersoll Power Red blood!), so hopefully by spring I'll be able to grab up another Deere to put alongside the Ingy!

At any rate, I miss this side of the forum! I still post over here occasionally and lurk every day but it's not the same without a green and yellow tractor in the barn! That will change SOON enough! hahahaha

If anyone is interested, I made a cab for the Ingersoll and posted a thread about it here:
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=218245

See ya'll around!

·
Former MTF Admin.
25,773 Posts
It's ok, you can visit and enjoy the JD forum all you want, sorry about the yellow and green withdrawals :D.

Nice work on the Ingy cab by the way, looks great :fing32:.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
That is one Fantastic looking tractor and cab, you should be Very proud of that job! I see a green cab in the back ground what is that for? Nice looking setup and ummmmm WOW Nice looking setup. Stop by anytime you want I got some ideas from you already. Thanks! :trink39::trink39::trink39:

·
Tractor nut, general nut
461 Posts
I have been following your cab thread over there. I'm looking to add a Case/Ingy to my stable so I have been lurking on that side. :trink40: Those buggers are like finding hens teeth here in FL.

Awesome job on the cab, you've got great fab skills.:thThumbsU

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Creekhed1- I`m envious of your fabrication skills. Great job!

We have an Ingersoll dealer in our area. I`ve stopped by and looked at them. From a quality standpoint, Ingys take a backseat to no one.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Looks factory !! good Job :fing32::fing32: and it even has an Ingersol emblem:biglaugh:

·
deerhed
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! It's not as "Pro" as it looks from the pics... little bits of errors and flaws everywhere...but is good enough for me!
My plan is to get a 300 or 314 in the spring as they can be had for MUCH less than a newer 300 series. Time will tell. I sure do miss the purr of the Onan!

·
Super Moderator
33,745 Posts
creekhed, you're always welcome here as are all the members! I enjoy going to the different forums and seeing what they're up to too!

·
'11 1026R
360 Posts
A 300 or 314 will not cure your Onan withdrawal. I miss these guys too, but not enough to go out and buy a one lunger. YMMV.

·
Super Moderator
16,682 Posts
So as many of you know a few months ago I sold my 316 and bought a 2005 Ingersoll 3016. after I sold the 316 I was planning on getting another Deere but I spotted this 3016 on CL with 65 hrs on it and for the price I could not pass it up.
Initially I was just gonna flip it but as the weeks passed I realized these Case/Ingersoll's are not as easy to sell as the green and yellow tractors! Most people simply do NOT know what an Ingersoll is! My Firefox Spellcheck doesn't even know what INGERSOLL is!!! LOL
So... I eventually decided to keep the Ingersoll as it is a GREAT tractor and one of the only "Other" brands out there that IMHO can compare to JD.
I am still a JD guy at heart though (With a tinge of Case/Ingersoll Power Red blood!), so hopefully by spring I'll be able to grab up another Deere to put alongside the Ingy!

At any rate, I miss this side of the forum! I still post over here occasionally and lurk every day but it's not the same without a green and yellow tractor in the barn! That will change SOON enough! hahahaha

If anyone is interested, I made a cab for the Ingersoll and posted a thread about it here:

See ya'll around!
Well I Bought a 3016PS(power steering) floor Model in 92 it was a 91 Model Because I was all set to Buy a 318 and Deere Had come out with the 320.( and the Dealer had just sold his Last 318 the day Before Told me the New 320 was Going to be Just Like the 318 so I waited until one came in well It was belt driven & couldn’t take a Loader) So on a whim Because I was Mad at Deere at the time I bought the Ingersoll I have had it ever since though it is currently on Lone to My older Brother. I never used it for more than Mowing the Lawn I did have a sleeve Hitch for it and a front Blade But I never Used either and sold the Blade and Hitch off in 2000 Never Had either attachment Hooked Up to the tractor. Because I used my JD 240 at the time for Mostly Garden work and snow removal. Found out after I bought it that Kwik-Way only made Loaders for the 4000 series.. But I kept it and It was a Great Mowing tractor for Me. I wish when Eastman Bought Ingersoll that they Had Kept the 3000 series around To me it’s More particle Than the 4000 series I'm sure You'll get Plenty of use out of it :thThumbsU

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Great looking cab and tractor. :thThumbsU

Just need to paint it green and yellow to help get over your withdrawal. :hide:

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Nice job on the cab, but it sure would look better painted green and yellow. ;)

·
Registered
231 Posts

See ya'll around!
I have a 1996 ingersoll 4020PS with 3 point 20 hp onan motor it has 560 hours on it and runs like a top.Great tractors IMHO:trink39:

·
USMC
19,146 Posts
I also have the Ingersoll 318LGT and it's a great tractor. Your cab looks excellent. slkpk

·
Premium Member
799 Posts
Can always tell the JD guys from the rest even tho' they do not have a JD in their possession. They do great stuff.
Just can't keep 'em out of our forums. HeeHee
Glad to see you haven't left.

·
Green Team !!!
468 Posts
I see it is up for sale again !!

But what is this you put in the CL listing:

Q: "As good as any John Deere you will find... and better than MOST! "

1 - 16 of 16 Posts