My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I posted one of my very few good engines on craigslist.
Well, A guy emailed me saying he would trade for a mid sixtys sears suburban. So, I am REALLY freaked out right now. My heart rate is prolly off the charts.
I dont have any pictures of it yet but I am REALLY excited. lol
Finally someing that will replace my 84 GT18.:trink39:
:trink39::fing32:

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
awesome...id like to see what kinda burban it is

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome...id like to see what kinda burban it is
At this point I dont care what it is. I have been looking for a sears for awhile now. But, I hope its an ss12 or something like it.

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
if he knows what hes talking about and its a mid sixties suburban, not a custom, it will be either 8, 10, or 12hp

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if he knows what hes talking about and its a mid sixties suburban, not a custom, it will be either 8, 10, or 12hp
Ok, He said that he will drop it off and pick up the engine tomorrow or tusday. So now all I have to do it the hardest thing in the world.
WAIT! God I hate waiting its so dang slow and uneventful.

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
Can't wait to see it, waiting is the hardest part! I had to wait a week after setting the time and place with the guy I bought mine from, I almost lost it at work just before we went to go get it. I'm glad with buying mine, I just hate not being able to make it work very hard right now but that will change as soon as I get the carb tuned in! And when I can find some attachments for it...

:fing32::fing32:

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can't wait to see it, waiting is the hardest part! I had to wait a week after setting the time and place with the guy I bought mine from, I almost lost it at work just before we went to go get it. I'm glad with buying mine, I just hate not being able to make it work very hard right now but that will change as soon as I get the carb tuned in! And when I can find some attachments for it...

:fing32::fing32:
What happens if we both see a plow at almalund?
Who gets it?
lol

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
It's all yours, I'm going to the rose city threshing bee with my grandfather now. I would go to Almelund if I had a ride back to the cities and up to Almelund but since the whole family is going up the the farm with me for the rose city threshing bee I can't make it this year.

I would let you get the plow, I wouldn't have a vehicle that it would fit in with or I wold probably spend money on other stuff if I had a vehicle that it would fit in.

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I called him again and he said that its a 12hp so its an ss12. And it comes with the mower deck. I am guessing it doesnt run. But, I am still pumped. YES!

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
sweetness! These are very easy to get running as long as everything moves freely and its complete. My SS12 still needs A LOT of carb work and tuning but it runs, too good. mine idles like a rocket when there's no load on it and it runs like medium throttle when there's any load on it. I need to dial in the idle screw and high speed screw but it runs right now I'm going to keep it that way hopefully.

:fing32::fing32::fing32:

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sweetness! These are very easy to get running as long as everything moves freely and its complete. My SS12 still needs A LOT of carb work and tuning but it runs, too good. mine idles like a rocket when there's no load on it and it runs like medium throttle when there's any load on it. I need to dial in the idle screw and high speed screw but it runs right now I'm going to keep it that way hopefully.

:fing32::fing32::fing32:
ya, I hope it is easy to get running. My montgomery was stuck when I got it,
then made a stupid move when I got it unstuck. I put antifreaze in the oil thinking the anti freaze was oil. lol
Good thing I cought that before I ran it.

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
ya, I hope it is easy to get running. My Montgomery was stuck when I got it,
then made a stupid move when I got it unstuck. I put antifreeze in the oil thinking the antifreeze was oil. lol
Good thing I cought that before I ran it.
yes, very good that you caught it! At the shop I work at that's a common problem with these mini vans, they blow a head gasket and anti freeze leaks into the oil and causes it to seize up real bad.

antifreeze and oil =:thSick::thSick:

:thSick::thSick: = one heck of a seized up mess and a BIG headache.

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes, very good that you caught it! At the shop I work at that's a common problem with these mini vans, they blow a head gasket and anti freeze leaks into the oil and causes it to seize up real bad.

antifreeze and oil =:thSick::thSick:

:thSick::thSick: = one heck of a seized up mess and a BIG headache.
Ya, the stupid thing is, is that the antifreaze bottle and the oil bottle look the same (I had jugs of oil and antifreeze).

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
could be a suburban 12, no diffrence except the name on the tractor

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
could be a suburban 12, no diffrence except the name on the tractor
I asked him What the Horse power was and he said 12hp.
So I think that means its an SS12 with a techy engine right?

·
Tractor addict
2,857 Posts
should be a Tecumseh unless it's been replaced from my knowledge. Mine is a Tecumseh. (1970)

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
should be a Tecumseh unless it's been replaced from my knowledge. Mine is a Tecumseh. (1970)
So now this SS12 is my second oldest tractor the first is my H. :trink39:

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
there are two separate tractors, the ss12 and suburban 12.. no difference other than the names. so yours is either an ss12 or suburban 12

·
Finally at 1k!
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
there are two separate tractors, the ss12 and suburban 12.. no difference other than the names. so yours is either an ss12 or suburban 12
Could it run a loader? That is if I where to buy one.lol
Ok, He will be droping it off tomorrow at 7 PM.
Hugh
Go to the chat room.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
i heard that somewhere earlier in this thread:trink40: yep, its loader ready

1 - 20 of 42 Posts