My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Messin around with guns is always fun, to me anyway and since Im trying not to go out much for now what the heck else is to do but get ready for spring. Not calendar wise but weather wise.
The x3 magnifier behind the red/green dot are a matching pair of Vortex optics and for the money they cant be beat @ $200 a piece, not some ACOG or whatever but I cant afford something like that and for what little I shoot anymore I would be a fool to spend that kind of cheese on that stuff anyway.
I had to get a stock for the 88 because it had such a long length of pull for me so I just sawed-off the stock but then couldnt get the recoil pad back on it ( DUUUH) so I put another 6 position stock on it but it was cheap made and the steel butt plate was killin me, I didnt even wanna shoot it so I got a better one with a nice sissy pad ( as we used to call em, now I need one lol!) on it and cant wait to try it out.
And another thing I like about the magnifier is it swings out of the way if you dont want to use it or when you wanna flip-up the covers.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there some reason noone replies to any of my post on here?
Well Im a grown up so same to you "big shot experts" x 10 OK?
I'll go back to tractor forum where they aint so big feeling.
Mall Ninja's

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,202 Posts
I'm still around. I have been working from home, by the time my work day is over, I don't want to be on my computer.

I had bought a Butler Creek folding stock for my (Mossberg) Maverick 88, put it on, realized it would pound the crap outta my cheekbone, removed it, and sold it for a decent profit. I like heavy wood stocks on a 12 gauge.

I have been moving stuff around, cleaning a few here and there. My ranges closed so I am basically just recleaning the same stuff lol. This stupid virus will pass, and things will get back to normal.

I don't feel bad about stocking up on cheap .22 from Dicks anymore- I had no idea all this ammo scare would happen, gun shops having to only let a few people in at a time, background checks backing up for days... Massachusetts may have some crummy gun laws, but we have no limit on how many we can buy, no waiting period for background checks... and we can still get most good guns... With restrictions of course...

·
Premium Member
3,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm still around. I have been working from home, by the time my work day is over, I don't want to be on my computer.

I had bought a Butler Creek folding stock for my (Mossberg) Maverick 88, put it on, realized it would pound the crap outta my cheekbone, removed it, and sold it for a decent profit. I like heavy wood stocks on a 12 gauge.

I have been moving stuff around, cleaning a few here and there. My ranges closed so I am basically just recleaning the same stuff lol. This stupid virus will pass, and things will get back to normal.

I don't feel bad about stocking up on cheap .22 from Dicks anymore- I had no idea all this ammo scare would happen, gun shops having to only let a few people in at a time, background checks backing up for days... Massachusetts may have some crummy gun laws, but we have no limit on how many we can buy, no waiting period for background checks... and we can still get most good guns... With restrictions of course...
Thats what Ive been doing. Been sorting out ammo for three nights now and still aint done but one little burp in the country and it sets off a ammo scare and here most shops arent selling any bulk untill it clears up, they have it but just wanna make sure everyone gets some.
But Ive been buying it for 30 yrs or more or more like 50 and the very first one to go is .22 Magnum or WMR whatever. Maybe they make less than .22 L.R. ( Im sure they do) but its the first to go and also I have a theory that if the 'Gummitt' ever does decide to go after ammo I hope they go after rimfire last and just might, of course I hope it never ever happens in and stretch.
Heres what a cpl thousand rds. of it looks like and there is at least that much I need to find lol.

Attachments

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,202 Posts
I have one 22wmr, almost sold it, but decided it was worth keeping. A Marlin 883 Stainless with a decent 12x scope on it. I have many 22lr's, and a "rew" rounds of ammo for each :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Have you weighed the AR? I tried the same adjustable butt and bull barrel and tripod and way to heavy to carry for coyotes. Yours looks much lighter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts