My Tractor Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
friday i was checking out at a hardware store and the cashier was talking to someone about his rider he wants to get rid of. no one wanted it, i said id take it. so today i went to check it out.

i have no truck (yet) and no trailer, neither did he, so i drove it down the main road 2 miles to my house. got a lot of weird looks haha

im thinking about starting a snow removal business with my friend. if i can get a plow for this.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
The transmission is a bit light duty for moving any real snow. A garden tractor would be better suited to the task, as far as Sears goes, something like a Suburban or the GT's with the hi-lo trans.

·
Premium Member
3,839 Posts
Plowing might be a bit much, but a blower would be fine.

Nice - I've been looking for a deal like that. I use a gear-drive LT with my blower and for the really deep storms 1st gear can be too fast. A hydro drive would be perfect for creeping along while the blower does its thing.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Great score!! If you were closer, someone down the road from me has a snowthrower attachment for sale cheap.

·
Administrator
12,567 Posts
A running Kohler Command for Free is awesome, that's a great engine!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
im thinking about getting a regular transaxle, and putting a bigger puley on the engine. and just have fun with it :trink40:

but making money off it (plowing) would be cool too... i dont know

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Plowing might be a bit much, but a blower would be fine.

Nice - I've been looking for a deal like that. I use a gear-drive LT with my blower and for the really deep storms 1st gear can be too fast. A hydro drive would be perfect for creeping along while the blower does its thing.
i have a gear drive LT and blower. only problem is i cant figure out how to connect the engine to the blower :banghead3

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
looks like a lot of fun!

·
Registered
1,852 Posts

·
Deere 330 Killer
17,892 Posts
Whereabouts in CT are you? Nice job on the conversion lol

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
today i decided to do a little work. it snowed and i forgot to put the towel over the hood. crap

it started up fine though, then i checked oil. hmmm, it was full a few days ago, but it was less than half full! i believe that the bottom crank seal is bad, but im not going to replace it now, ill keep putting oil in it. chances are this motor will blow soon anyways, next in line is a 13.5 briggs flatty.

but the engine does run great and starts usually first pull, in below freezing temps.

i also added a bar underneath to act as a skid plate, because last time off roading, something went underneath and mangled the belt guard into the pulley and made an awful noise, i thought the tranny blew

also made a bumper

painted the whole hood flat black but dont have a pic yet.

·
Cranky Motorsports
15,270 Posts
that bumper looks cool!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
that bumper looks cool!
Thanks, the steel is frOm a crappy home made to kart I cut up. it's thicker than the frame no doubt. Now I can crash into trees all day!

Edit: last night when I moved it the tranny wasnt working again. Every time I tip it up I have to wait a long time for te fluid to pump again

1 - 18 of 18 Posts