1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
2 stroke enthusiast
6,568 Posts
What's wrong with the tank?? The angle helps with fuel flow and using the last drop before the engine quits.

·
Banned
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol you should see the mowers that people try to pas off on us
i saw a rusted out snapper with a green bag that somebody called a mint commercial lawn-boy

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
Thats nicer than the one I had ofered to me the other day! Guy said it was his mom's and he thought like 15 years old. He's had it for the last 7 or 8 years, never used it. I was kinda excited, thought maybe it was older than he thought even...

Got there at his shop and he pointed "over there" to where it was... Uh yeah, it was buried in grass/weeds/tree limbs under a tree, where it had been sitting for the last 7 to 8 years. Steel deck, rusted through all over, everything metal on it was rusted, engine seized... And yeah, it was a late '80's model, but 100% trash. I was sad...

·
Banned
2 Posts
Thats nicer than the one I had ofered to me the other day! Guy said it was his mom's and he thought like 15 years old. He's had it for the last 7 or 8 years, never used it. I was kinda excited, thought maybe it was older than he thought even...

Got there at his shop and he pointed "over there" to where it was... Uh yeah, it was buried in grass/weeds/tree limbs under a tree, where it had been sitting for the last 7 to 8 years. Steel deck, rusted through all over, everything metal on it was rusted, engine seized... And yeah, it was a late '80's model, but 100% trash. I was sad...

any usable parts at all

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
any usable parts at all
Oh I'm sure there was... all the plastic parts were rotted or faded as well. Wheels were shot... I thought about bringing it home anyway, but knew what little I could salvage off of it wouldn't be of much use.

However, the guy works for a lawn mower dealer I use, and he told me to go in and ask them about parts. He said they have 2 boxes of just misc. assorted parts just thrown in the boxes because they really rarely ever see an old LB come in, and he said even when they do they either don't have the one part they need or it's too much trouble to dig thru the boxes to find. Sooo, he said to come out and the owner *might* let me just buy the whole lot for a set price. I have my fingers crossed. Could be a gold mine...

·
Banned
2 Posts
Oh I'm sure there was... all the plastic parts were rotted or faded as well. Wheels were shot... I thought about bringing it home anyway, but knew what little I could salvage off of it wouldn't be of much use.

However, the guy works for a lawn mower dealer I use, and he told me to go in and ask them about parts. He said they have 2 boxes of just misc. assorted parts just thrown in the boxes because they really rarely ever see an old LB come in, and he said even when they do they either don't have the one part they need or it's too much trouble to dig thru the boxes to find. Sooo, he said to come out and the owner *might* let me just buy the whole lot for a set price. I have my fingers crossed. Could be a gold mine...

sounds good hope you can make a ggod deal ..I wish i would have kept alot of my old stock i had tons of it ..Then i moved my bizz and tossed a ton of stuff..I had OEM points and everything for the older lawn-boys **** i had 2 brand new motors in the box that i gave away ...I had way to much stuff at the time and no space to keep it anymore ...If you can stock pile it i would

·
Lifetime Lawn Guy
1,426 Posts
sounds good hope you can make a ggod deal ..I wish i would have kept alot of my old stock i had tons of it ..Then i moved my bizz and tossed a ton of stuff..I had OEM points and everything for the older lawn-boys **** i had 2 brand new motors in the box that i gave away ...I had way to much stuff at the time and no space to keep it anymore ...If you can stock pile it i would
Don't even LOOK on eBay to see what some of the NOS, unused motors sell for. You will end up beating your head against the wall for giving them away... lol. I'm watching, just for entertainment, an in-the-box new M-series motor. 3 days, 13 hrs left and it's already up to $415.99. I'm betting it hits $650 by the end. Saw a NOS bricktop, complete with muffler start at $350 and sell. yikes!

·
Banned
2 Posts
Don't even LOOK on eBay to see what some of the NOS, unused motors sell for. You will end up beating your head against the wall for giving them away... lol. I'm watching, just for entertainment, an in-the-box new M-series motor. 3 days, 13 hrs left and it's already up to $415.99. I'm betting it hits $650 by the end. Saw a NOS bricktop, complete with muffler start at $350 and sell. yikes!

lol i already beat my head off the wall a few times ....For that ...I wish i would have kept it all now because i get alot of calls for them now because people want to restore them now

1 - 14 of 14 Posts